Thread: Internet Explorer 9: Error "The website’s security certificate is not from a trusted source"

Internet Explorer 9: Error "The website’s security certificate is not from a trusted source"

This is my first post on this forum and so I would expect that I would be able to get the correct solutions for the same, I have downloaded the latest Microsoft Internet Explorer 9 browser that I have specially downloaded and install on my system so that I can make use of the latest innovation of the Microsoft products. The installation was proper and I was able to access any websites from it as well, but unfortunately while accessing some of the sites I got a message saying that “The website’s security certificate is not from a trusted source”, this kind of error I would not get before while I was using the Chrome, so I would want to know that how come while accessing the same site from Chrome didn’t gave any error and while I access the same gave an error.

Re: Internet Explorer 9: Error "The website’s security certificate is not from a trusted source"

Hey dear friend this is one of the advancement that has been made in this new Internet Explorer 9 web browser through which whenever we access some website that is absolutely not eligible to access. This kind of functionality was not provided in other browser and that is why users would unknowingly access any website that would be untrusted and that is why we would face some problem of virus creeping into our system. So this is only for your safety and nothing else.

Re: Internet Explorer 9: Error "The website’s security certificate is not from a trusted source"

This kind of error demonstrate that the websites that you are about to access is a malicious one and that it even informs us not to access the same due top security reasons. This error results at the time when certificate has been issued by a certification authority that is not able to get recognized by Windows Internet Explorer 9. It even recommends so as to not to go forward accessing the malicious website as it would certainly cause some serious damage to the system.

Guys I think that this kind of error can also be from the receiving end as well, that is the server which might be allowing the client to get the access to any of the malicious website very easily. As the error suggest that the security certificate is not from a trusted source so it can be that the server might also be disinfected with this kind of a malicious activity that is going around the internet. So what I think is that you should have some word with the ISP of yours before going for anything else.

Guys I am also getting some kind of weird errors while making use of the Internet Explorer 9 which earlier I would not get the same while I was using the Mozilla Firefox. I have successfully installed the internet browser on my system and I was also easily making use of it. But at one instance when a site gave me a link so as to get access to some other site and when I accessed the same I got an error saying that the “The website’s security certificate has been revoked”. Now exactly is this error means and how can I get the site access from now can someone highlight some points.

Hey this is also one of the peculiar functionality of the Internet Explorer 9 as it helps us to know that site that are not trustable and who had previously made use of a untrusted certificate as well so as to get false access to the same. I would certainly request you to not access the website as it can cause a great deal of damage to your system. This kind of error frequently suggests that the security certificate was obtained or used falsely by the website.

Hey we can judge from the error above that how dangerous is it exactly to use the internet and how can be any single click can cause problem for us. This is one of the goodness of the Internet Explorer 9 that helps us to get the right information about the site that we access and notify us well in advance so that we can look for accessing something else when we get some of these error messages.

You guys are correct insofar as, sometimes this message implies something malicious is afoot.

But the bulk of the time, it just means the site is owned by someone who self-signs their security certificates, probably because they don't wish to pay the high high price(s). The college I work for chooses not to buy certs for every site, so we get this message often.

Unfortunately, someone at M$ has a cozy deal with VeriSign and now IE9 doesn't seem to allow you to say, "yeah, yeah, just accept this certificate and move forwards, please" as one could in IE up through 8.

So, we either roll back to IE8 or are raped by VeriSign.

Hmmmm.. where's that Firefox download page, again?