Thread: Internet explorer 9 not using the preferred programs while opening TIF or TIFF file

Internet explorer 9 not using the preferred programs while opening TIF or TIFF file

Its been a month since I have installed the beta version of the internet explorer 9. I have a small issue with it which I thought must share it with you all. Well the problem is that I have installed the tiff reader program in my system and whenever I open and files of tif or tiff format it gets opened in different file format. I cannot understand what is the exact source of the problem. When I have installed the tiff reader program then what is the need for the other programs to open? It is getting opened in the windows viewer and not the tiff viewer. I want the file to be opened in the tiff viewer only. So suggest me some methods by which I can try working on the problem.

Re: Internet explorer 9 not using the preferred programs while opening TIF or TIFF file

I think this it is possible if all the programs in are not set as the default programs. So for that go to the start button and in that go to the default programs and then select the set your default program option. Now there you will have to select the internet and carefully check if it is giving you the message saying that ‘this program has all its defaults’. If it is not giving you this message then what you will have to do is that select the Choose defaults for this programs and add all the programs that are been given in the list. Then save the changes. So do try this option and I am sure that this will work with you.

Re: Internet explorer 9 not using the preferred programs while opening TIF or TIFF file

Yes, I did have a check of this and sad to say but it had all the programs as its defaults. Now even that has not worked for me. I am continuously trying to search the internet and trying to find a solution that will help me in this problem but it is not getting solved. I am expecting some more responses from you all and I hope that they will surely help me in the process. So do keep your suggestions flowing in.

I think so the program has not got properly installed under internet explorer 9 and hence it is giving you the problem. So as of now what you have to do is uninstall the internet explorer 9 and then remove the add ons program that you have kept in the system. having done that again install the internet explorer 9 and then install the program the tif file reader under it and see if it is running well or not. If it is running then your problem is solved. So do have a look at the suggestion and I am sure that It will work out with you.

Ok, I have carried it the same suggestion as well but that also did not work with me. I think uninstalling and re installing it again is a very complicated procedure and hence i think I must not try with it again. As of now I will try reporting the problem to the Microsoft support and see if I am able to get any response from there. Any other alternate solutions that you can give apart from the one given above then do post in quickly.