Thread: Error "Internet Explorer 9 has found a problem with the website’s security certificate"

Error "Internet Explorer 9 has found a problem with the website’s security certificate"

Good Day all of you I have downloaded the new Internet Explorer 9 web browser from the internet today itself after I heard the news of its release and so I went on downloading it so as to make use of it. After having installed the internet browser and setup to run, at the first instant only I got the message saying that the “Internet Explorer 9 has found a problem with the website’s security certificate" and I was unable to access any website, I have downloaded the fresh copy of it and then also I am getting an error, can someone please help me to rectify it.

Re: Error "Internet Explorer 9 has found a problem with the website’s security certificate"

Hey dear have you got some other browser on your system and have you tried accessing the internet from there, if not then I would suggest you to do the same and see if you are able to access the internet from there with ease. If you area able to access the internet and all the websites with the other browser of yours than what I feel is that you might be having some kind of problem with the browser and you will have to reinstall it.

Re: Error "Internet Explorer 9 has found a problem with the website’s security certificate"

This error usually occurs when Internet Explorer 9 finds a hitch with a certificate that does not match the other errors listed in this table. There is also a possibility that the certificate which is gradually required so as to access the internet has been corrupted, tampered with, is written in an unidentified format, or is illegible. You should not trust the identity of the site if the certificate has this error and it is always better to get a trusted certificate that can help you to access the internet freely.

Have you checked out the internet settings of your computer system, may be that be responsible for not allowing you to access the internet through the use of the new Internet Explorer 9. It could be a problem from the server as well which is not allowing to access any of the websites. So what I would suggest is that you will have to contact the ISP of yours and inform him about the error that you are getting and then see if he can help you in providing any solutions for the same.

Hey I have reinstalled the browser many times and then also I am getting the same error that I was getting earlier. As of accessing the other browser I am having firefox installed on my system as well and through it I am able to easily access any website on the internet, so certainly not a problem of the internet connection, now since it is a certificate error then how will I be able to fix the same, please provide the suggestion.

Hey what I have found out about the error that you are facing is that you will have to adjust some of the settings that have there inside the Internet Explorer 9. For this you will have to go into the tools menu and then from there you will have to scroll to the Advanced options where you will get a Window in which you will have to search for the certificate options. Upon getting the same you will have to look for whether both the SSL 3.0 and TSL 1.0 are checked or not, if not then please check the same and restart the browser again.

Hey thank you very much for the solution, the above post really helped me in solving the issue of this Internet Explorer 9, I really was going to delete the browser had not be you in making me choosing the right path for solving the issue. Once again thanks allot and I will surely come back again to this forum if I have any future problems.