Thread: Gmail not working properly in Internet Explorer 9 RC

Gmail not working properly in Internet Explorer 9 RC

I am having some problem while using the gmail in internet explorer 9. Especially when I enable the Rich Text Formatting. Whenever I reply to a mail the size of the fonts is always small and I have to manually set the font size every time. The same problem was not there with the beta version of the internet explorer 9. The font rendering especially in the gmail is very poor. The archives button which are there in the browser, which are normally there in the bold appears much dark and bolder. These are some of the problems that I have noticed in the internet explorer 9 release candidate. Otherwise it is a fine browser no issues.

Re: Gmail not working properly in Internet Explorer 9 RC

Since that was the release candidate and the new version of the internet explorer 9 has just released today and I think that minor problems would have been solved by the technicians. I think the new version will not be having such problem and I am hoping that both the Gmail and also the Microsoft people have worked on the issue. so as of now do try with the new version that is being released today and let me know if you are able to get the same problem there also.

Do try uninstalling the internet explorer 9 release candidate and reboot the system twice and then install it again. I have come across this solution in the internet and this particular solution did really work for them. so that’s why I am suggesting you the same method for you and I am sure that this will help you in your case. So do try it and let me know if that works or not.

According to me the problem is due to the standards Document Mode that the internet explorer 9 is using. The internet explorer 9 uses the different document mode that was not used in the internet explorer 8 and hence the google is finding it difficult to identify the new Document Mode. So that’s why this kind of minor issue. I think that will be solved as early as possible. So as of now do not worry much and see if the same problem exists in the new version of the internet explorer 9.

In my opinion Google will not at all be concerned about this matter and I don’t think so it will give any importance to the change in the document mode. Goggle already has its chrome as a browser and hence any changes that comes in the chrome browser will be easily implemented by them only. They will least be interested in making any changes to the internet explorer browser. So that is what I have to say here and I hope that you have got the point that I am trying to make here.