Thread: To open a link from Google, I have to open in a new tab or window

To open a link from Google, I have to open in a new tab or window

Please assist me determine what is precisely on my computer and how to get rid of it. At present I am having Windows XP (Build 2600, service pack 3). Whenever I try to click on a link in Google, it actually redirects. I have to open in a new tab or window. At times even that will redirect. recently my machine started to run very gradually, I consider this is related to the virus. Please help me out as I am not used to use slow machines , I am really very frustrated .

Re: To open a link from Google, I have to open in a new tab or window

Well that was faced by me as well , so resolve the problem myself I have run AdAware, until lately it blocked working. I have uninstalled it, but can reinstall if require be. I also ran Microsoft Security Essentials complete scans numerous times, a keylogging program was noticed and removed but the issue is still there as it was . I had also made some changes in the operating system installed and ran Avast and used their complete scans. No pressure were found. I also installed and ran Malware Bytes, no intimidation. I have defragmented and cleaned up my computer, I also tried with system restore which was not doing well. I was about a hacksaw to reg edit, but the above thing did not help , hope any of the above steps van be helpful to you

There are few thing I will make you remember , in fact it is a word of caution , in fact I have made few points on those word of caution Somethings to remember while we are working together.
    • I will always recommend that you do not make or run any other tool untill recommended to do so!
    • I will ask you to not to attach logs or put in code boxes.
    • Please let me know concerning any problems that have occurred at the time of the reopening the system fix.
    • Tell me of any other indications you might be having as these can help also.
    • Do not run anything at the time of running a fix.

Well to me as well it seems a virus issue , as you had said that you want to open any link in the search engine , but it actually redirects you and the page does not get opened when unless you do not open any new windows or a tab. I was a bit astounded when I came to know that the System restore did not came to any rescue as well , so in that case there seems to be only one option you can actually format the partition drive and get rid off that malicious object .