Thread: Any attempt to attach a word document fails in gmail

Any attempt to attach a word document fails in gmail

Recently, this precedent week (but it's happened before in the history), when I attempt to attach and upload larger word files, the upload would abruptly fail. With the basic attachment feature (what I frequently use) turned on there is no error message. However when Advanced attachment feature (Flash) turned on, I obtain the message "Attachment failed" next to the attachment box. What is actually resulting in uplload to fail? I have attempted and given a try both Firefox 3.0.10 and Chrome 2.0.177.1, both not succeed at continuous uploads.

Re: Any attempt to attach a word document fails in gmail

I use Google Chrome web browser , I daily used to check my gmail account , as I was a fresher , I had to frequently attach my resume to reply the mail and attach the resume (which was a word document that was of hardly of any KBs ) , then I too started getting that error that the uploading of attachment failed , I was able to do it successfully using the classic uploader , but still I was eager to upload it in the advanced one , then I was being informed that it was due to viruses , I then ran a test , and got the desired results soon

Attempting to attach a small GIF to an e-mail message I was sending today, Gmail actully prompted with a red “Attachment failed” message. in fact? It’s just 3kb. You can’t attach that? Is Gmail jamming GIF file attachments now for a number of unusual reason? Am I missing some news about a 0-day GIF exploit? Then I just came to know that I was using a advanced uploader , I was being suggested to make use of classic uploader , which helped me in achieving my task , , I was not bothered whether I use advanced or classic , I was just concerned about my work being done .

There are a few people who are familiar only with the advanced option that is being used in current mails , so I know the possible reason why it is actually resulting into a failure , one can be definitely of the virus and the other is the requirement f the flash being installed in the system , If you’re seeing error messages at the time of uploading files, make it certain you have Flash installed. There fore if you have not installed it please install it right now as soon as possible You can also use the basic attachment features by clickint the Settings link in Gmail. The attachment setting is located in the General tab.

Well, I absolutely have Flash 10 installed, and it works well on other sites. Gmail’s chat notice sound is Flash-based, and that works well. It looks as if Gmail place in new file attachment code with Flash that provides you an upload progress bar and allows you upload numerous files at once. But it just doesn’t function , at least for me.Going into the Gmail settings and changing it to make use of “classic attachment features” in the place of the advanced ones permit me attach files to my e-mails once more.