Thread: Netflix Plugin: ‘we are unable to authenticate your request’

Netflix Plugin: ‘we are unable to authenticate your request’

Well I have installed Windows 7 32bit on the computer of mine. I have also installed Netflix Plugin from the Windows Media Center from the Microsoft. I am able to login and view the queue without any issue. but I am getting black screen when I click to view movies on it. It prompts me with an error message which can be stated as ‘Our apologies -- we could not authenticate this request’ I have installed silverlight but it also did not help me to fix the problem of mine. Can you help me out from the situation? Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Netflix Plugin: ‘we are unable to authenticate your request’

I think you should create a new user account on your computer and try to login on Netflix.
    • Click on Start button and go for User Account from the control panel.
    • Now click on Manage another user Account. If it is asking for the Administrator password then simply provide it.
    • Now click on create button after entering mandatory information.
    • Once new account is created then simply try to visit the Netflix and let me know whether it is working or not.

You can use the following instruction to fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to visit the official website of Netflix.
    • Well you have to remove Netflix from the Media center item list.
    • Now launch the Internet Explorer on the computer of yours and remove all the temporary files from it.
    • Restart the computer. Now launch the Netflix in MCE and sign in when it is prompted.
    • Well above mentioned solution helped me to fix the problem. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Looking at the matter posting following steps which you can fix the problem of yours.
    • You have to close all the browsers and media center whichever is already opened on the computer of yours.
    • You have to preserve all the old data and simply rename mspr.hds to mspr.hds.old. you can find the file in to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\PlayReady location.
    • A new mspr.hds file will be when you are supposed to run Netflix application again on the computer of yours.
    • Now you will able to get Netflix streaming content.

Well I have found this particular solution one of the forum and I hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of mine.
    • You need to visit official website of Netflix from the computer of yours.
    • You have to delete media center access from the website once you have deleted you should run media center again.
    • Now you have to login on Netflix and begin a movie. Now authenticate when it is prompted.

I was having the same problem which you have mentioned I this particular thread. Well I have asked the Netflix support team for this particular issue . they told me that there is nothing wrong from their side. They told me that I should contact Microsoft support team. I have done the same. Now I am waiting for the response from Microsoft. I will let you know as soon as I am getting response from the Microsoft. Any way thanks for the replies which you have given to fix the problem of mine.