Thread: IE 8 cannot access any internet web pages

IE 8 cannot access any internet web pages

I am having difficulty accessing the Internet from IE, not far avg 8 for virus defense. I can still go online by google and I am getting my email, but when I try to access any page through IE, I got a message ‘cannot access this website’ my antivirus is out of date. Is there another way to update AVG without going through the IE? I have tried to lower the burden of updating my downloads, but I do not know how to install the AVG, it says it is a cabinet file, I don’t know much about this problem. If anyone knows about the solution then please give me the idea.

Re: IE 8 cannot access any internet web pages

A simple solution is been unable to connect to http sites. He had a very nasty virus. Malware is a rebel who says anti-virus software and the reports of a virus on your computer and launch Internet Explorer you can only go to their website. Brings a host of pop-ups and says contently being attached by a virus and asks if you want to start the antivirus software. Kindly download Malwarebytes anti malware on a dissimilar workstation linked to my network, then place in a shared file on the network and onto the infected computer. Only able to install and run in safe mode. Got rid of the virus, but when I launched IE8 epilogue could only access https and not http sites. I was going crazy! Hope this information will helps you.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64 upgraded version of Windows Vista Ultimate x64. IE 64 bit worked, here Firefox &IE8 256-bit both opened, but brought up blank tabs. I tried all the fixes optional here and on further sites that popped up - nothing worked. Then I called Microsoft for free installation support. Here is what worked>:- first right click on command prompt , open as administrator and then write on the command line ‘ Nest Win sock rest’ then reboot your system .I am sure it will help you and solve your quarry.

I was facing parallel trouble after I switched from Norton antivirus to bit defender and at the same time installed IE 8. I tried all the method mentioned on this thread for last ten hours but no luck. Lastly, on some other forum, I came to know about ‘Norton software’ the elimination instrument. I downloaded it by another system and ran on this machine. Then it started working right away after the reboot. I think the difficulty was since Norton did not get detached totally from the machine and it was reason the browsers to malfunction. So if you have newly exchanged the antivirus; confirm that you uninstall previous one totally.

I think Internet Explorer 8 doing something parallel on one of our network workstations the other day. You have to go in your control panel, click on network connections. Then go to local area connection through right click. Then you got next menu, then scroll down to TCP/IP and then right click it. Go to properties and confirm that obtain an IP address mechanically is verified. For some crazy reason at what time I installed Internet Explorer 8 on my workstation, it went and changed these settings, thus the incapability to attach through any browser at all. It is one of the better options of this type of issue.