Thread: Takes a long time to load explorer

Takes a long time to load explorer

I just bought new computer, with win XP home, I have fast hardware but then also it create the following problem. When I try to log in to my account, all procedure are loaded like anti virus, Zone alarm (fire well), but when I try to run win explorer through the short cut key (windows+E).my windows bar are freezes. And it takes more time like around 40 second or it start work again. and if at same time I try to open anything else like anything form desktop but the explorer bar is still freeze. Sometime during the office work it happens. If you have any proper solution then please help me, I will very thank full to you.

Re: Takes a long time to load explorer

I just bought new computer, with win XP home, I have fast hardware but then also it create the following problem. When I try to log in to my account, all procedure are loaded like anti virus, Zone alarm (fire well), but when I try to run win explorer through the short cut key (windows+E).my windows bar are freezes. And it takes more time like around 40 second or it start work again. and if at same time I try to open anything else like anything form desktop but the explorer bar is still freeze. Sometime during the office work it happens. If you have any proper solution then please help me, I will very thank full to you.

Actually, Fire Fox is slower at startup because it uses large amount of memory. I am also using it because I like its function, but it is not the real problem in that case. I thing the two possibilities are here I am not very sue it just my guess, and that is
    • your hard drive cannot keep up among the request somehow, it means the problem here with your hard disk or
    • you have to check your running processes, one might be thieving clock cycles from IE. Let see what happened.

For a time, it may be possible the problems with Windows Explorer can connect to some things that just indirectly related. When you open Windows Explorer, opening the folder and in what viewpoint? If it's My Documents, and has some photos, movies or other large files there and is in the thumbnail or icon, Windows Explorer tries to open each file to generate the thumbnail. This in turn causes anti-virus software to scan files for viruses before allowing you to open the File Explorer. If the files / images / movies are very large, is hoping that in the anti virus program to scan all of them before the Explorer window opens. This could also be a strong motive for opening my machine works fine - as there are no visible files (only units), may not be any delay.

A second possible culprit is a CD / DVD drive to read a CD-ROM or DVD-ROM in them. Windows Explorer will wait until there is a "mounting means" Notification of the CD / DVD before drawing the window. If the CD / DVD is taking too long to recognize the media, this crash Explorer. Another possible cause is toolbar. The tool bars that are installed for additional functionality in Windows Explorer has to start when you boot. Some toolbar take longer than others to start (like the toolbar to create Adobe PDF) and some depend on other things like Internet access. A last option is the network drives. If you have formerly assigned a network drive to a drive letter in Windows Explorer, and the network drive is no longer presented on the Web, Windows Explorer will hang while it looks like