Thread: fix ip address conflict

fix ip address conflict

Hello friends I have got a problem with my internet connection. While using internet it keeps going off every now and then. Tell me what it basically means. What is the exact reason for this. Is it becuase of limited bandwidth or something else. Other computer in same network shows ip conflict error. To solve this error what needs to be done.I am not able to access internet which damn irritating,please somebody help me.

Re: fix ip address conflict

There are some ways in which you can fix ip conflict problem. You can renew your IP address of your computer using command prompt. Else if your computer is holding static ip address then simply ping the ip address of your computer. This will use different ip address in the same subnet. In some rare cases DHCP SERVER may assign same ip address to more than one computer. The best solution in this case is to update firmware on the router.

If in your network IP addresses are fixed then make sure local host is holding unique IP address .In case if in networks computers are dynamically assigned IP address then renew all ip address. This will solve your IP conflict problem. If you are sure that your router has faulty DHCP server which is responsible for IP conflict on the network. Then upgrade the router firmware .These all solution will help in solving IP conflict.Out of all three solution one will definitely work.

If you are getting ip conflict for single computer then open command window. Type ipconfig and hit enter then write ip address and default gateway of each single computer. If ip conflict problem is there in more than one computer. Then go to control panel and select network connections . right click on that and select properties. In that under general tab scroll down to TCP/IP and then press the properties button. Select use the following IP address option then input a new valid IP address with no ip conflict and default gateway. Press ok button then ip conflict problem will get fix.

In case of dynamic address go to start button and select run enter cmd and click ok. Now in that enter ipconfig/renew in command prompt that will refresh your dynamic address ,press enter. Open network connection there reset DHCP server which will avoid ip comflict. In static ip address case right click on network neighbourhood .select on network properties. Then right click on properties. Click TCP/IP protocol list. Click on properties now enter a new ip address in the opened window.Next click ok to confirm this setting . now ip conflict problem is solved.