Thread: Gtalk is not working

Gtalk is not working

I have installed Google talk, it is not working. Every time it shows error while connecting to internet .It says can't connect so server or something similar other errors. I have tried so many solution for this like I have tried turning off my firewalls, allowing Google talk to be used when firewall is on. I have tried almost everything. Any ideas why my gtalk is not working? Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: Gtalk is not working

The best solution for this is to set gtalk at its default setting. Don’t try to make any changes in this.Even few time back I also had the same problem so I was searching for solution of this problem , I got the solution which worked for me .now I am telling you. Go to google account add or edit there select google talk account in that select advanced tab ,under XMPP option . Check the force old i.e port 5223 SSL and change the connect port to 443 with the connect server of gtalk

The error which you are getting is most of the times due to common problem of no connectivity with internet. If internet connection is not working then it will create problem while logging into gtalk server.Because of this You might be having issue with your firewall , or with proxy server . you have to check that your firewall is configured such that it allows gtalk application.This can solve your internet connectivity problem with gtalk.

If your proxy server is required username and password . This also creates problems in gtalk connectivity with internet. You need to configure your proxy server properly. To configure your proxy setting ,go to setting of Gtalk there select connection next select the following proxy . Check the box of proxy requires authentication. Then enter proxy username and password and then click on ok. Even if after this also Gtalk does not work then your network administrator might have disabled Gtalk on your network .

Few months back one of my friend was also facing the same problem .He was able to access o internet on his computer but when it comes to Gtalk ,it was showing the error that could not connect to internet. So he was looking for the solution finally he solved his problem. He went to manage application of Gtlak services there you clear all the data . this will fix your problem.Else do setting in gtalk as Under Advanced:
    Force old (port 5223) SSL: Checked
    Allow plaintext auth over unencrypted streams: Un-Checked
    Connect Port: 443
    Connect Server: talk.google.com
    Proxy type: Use Global Proxy Settings
    This setting will definitely help you in solving the error.