Thread: Opera crashes while downloading

Opera crashes while downloading

Hi all, I make use of the Opera browser, which is very fast and before few day ago I do not have any issue regarding the same. But now when I was trying to download through Opera browser. Download process was under way and reached 99.9% in a few minutes, but after getting stuck at that point. I waited for about 5 minutes and then so was in the same state. So finally I canceled the download manually. I tried to download it twice, but each time it shows me the same thing. Please tell me why is happening to me. Thanks.

Re: Opera crashes while downloading

Recently I installed Opera browser without any problem. Before it I was also facing the same issue. So I have uninstalled it and install without showing me any error. I think there may be some problem with the antivirus you are using. Your antivirus may be taking too long to scan the file being downloaded and what is taking time. You can try one thing, temporarily disable antivirus and then try to download the file. But remember that this is risky to do so at your own risk, because chances are that you can also import some unwanted items on your computer.

What is the site where you download the installer? If you want to download the installation program then you can go to the official website of the opera and then download the installer from that site. This is the safest and best way to do it. I'm also using the Opera browser and is downloaded from the official website. So I will also suggest you to go there and install it from there.

It's normal, that many of the crashes download times in 99.9% of the discharge. It was also happened to me when I was downloading some other Internet programs. So you must be patient and let it take its time and I am sure that before long the download is complete that. I do not know the exact reason behind that, but it seems that downloading and reading the files properly and not synchronous so it is taking too long for this. I know this is very irritating to wait, but there is another option that we can do to download it.

I also had the same problem downloading. I tried many things to solve the problem and, finally, the reason for this is as NOD 32, which is installed on my computer. It was not letting the downloaded file to me for what was hanged 99.9% of the download. So I removed the NOD 32 and instead, I installed Avira. After that when I tried to download the file again, then I do not show any problems as well and downloaded easily. So if you are also having the same problem, then you too can do the same and want this to do the same for you too.

There may be some problem with the browser that you are using to browse the internet currently. So you can uninstall the current browser form your computer and after that install it again. This will create all the new files for the browser and if there is any file that is missing or corrupted then that will be replaced with new one. Once you are done with that then you can try to download the setup for opera once again and see if this time it gets downloaded easily or not.