Thread: Sharepoint - Bug lists with more than 1000 items and interruption of the inheritance of permissions

Sharepoint - Bug lists with more than 1000 items and interruption of the inheritance of permissions

It 'a good time I'm going crazy with an error on Sharepoint Services 3. I have introduce the scenario in which I was. I had installed an event handler for changing permissions on the individual item. This event handlers (much like this for instance) was in error when I tried to break the inheritance of permissions than those specified in item-level list. The error, however, appeared only when the list in question was more than 1000 items.

Re: Sharepoint - Bug lists with more than 1000 items and interruption of the inheritance of permissions

In practice that is generated by the object model of SharePoint a query with a SQL syntax error. Clearly, compared with an error of this kind we can do little. But we can understand what is unleashed. After some tests and after reading this post , which reports the same error using lookup columns multiscelta with the option enabled, I have studied the configuration of my list and I came to this conclusion: among the fields that had defined , there were four fields of type user / group with the option of multiple choice enabled. The fields of type user / group at the end of the games are their fields of type lookup, then this error happens just because:

• the list has more than 1000 items
    • the list has lookup field (or type of user / group) with the option of choosing multiple active
    • route is the inheritance of permissions on the unit by the object model (item.BreakRoleInheritance (false)

The only way to avoid this error was, therefore, avoid using lookup field type with multiple choices. Fortunately, instead of installing Service Pack 1 for WSS 3.0 and MOSS 2007 has solved the problem in question completely!

Re: Sharepoint - Bug lists with more than 1000 items and interruption of the inheritance of permissions

This holiday season, I found myself faced with this strange error. In practice, only certain documents in Word and Excel entered into several different folders to SharePoint document library, once you choose to go on your face I could change this error bell:

'Edit Document' Requires Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater.

I realize however that the error was raised if only:

• the folder in which to insert the attachment had a very long title
    • the filename that was long, to exceed a certain limit coupled with the name and title of the document library folder

Yes, because if attach files with short file name, the error was not raised, as he did in the presence of file names of a certain length. As often happens, my head, threw me on the right track and we found out that this is a real limit of SharePoint, due to the WebDAV protocol.

These limits are documented:

1. The name of a folder can not exceed 256 characters
    2. A name of a file can not exceed 128 characters
    3. The full URL can not exceed 260 characters (in my case were given by the trio: [Name of document library] + [folder name] + [Attachment Name])