Thread: Unhandled exception at 0x7c3417fb error on my system

Unhandled exception at 0x7c3417fb error on my system

Hi, I am facing the some issue as well in my browser as well and get the same error message that is being posted in the query , I am totally unaware what error is that because it is completely irrelevant as I am not a programmer I get the error message when I click on Internet explorer, the Operating System edition is Windows 2003 EE, SP2. I will be very pleased if someone comes up and helps me to solve this issue.

Re: Unhandled exception at 0x7c3417fb error on my system

It's most likely an add-on crashing Internet Explorer (because it doesn't do it much except with add-ons).My best suggestion is to go to Internet Options then after that go in advanced and then you can Reset Internet Explorer Settings. This will put out of action all your add-ons and restore Internet Explorer to a default state. Reenable vital add-ons one by one (using the Manage Add-ons box) until you locate out what is crashing Internet Explorer .

You will observe that there is an add-on to the browser, from Outpost Firewall pro. This add on is included into the browser and permits more control over sites, (Block cookies, Scripts, Ads etc). Now with all other websites its works well but the issue appears to occur with that site. When a new application opens a new link in Internet Explorer 7, It actually crashes for some unidentified reason (Unhandled exception ). When I click on a MenuItemwhich I find in Windows Live Messenger (Beta Invitations), generally IE7 , when it crashes like this would inquire me to send an error report to Microsoft, but this time it does not, it just disappears from the processes, after I click on the error msgbox (OK). Firefox works okay without any issues . All other programs work satisfactory in my system. Its only Internet Explorer 7 that is causing me issues .

This is a bit of a digression: one of the difficulties of IE's add-on model that I have found in developing the Find As You Type add-on is that it's actually very simple to crash Internet Explorer by mistake. It is one of the shortcomings of local COM add-ons I presume. The reality that some things have to be done with window hooks or subclassing doesn't help either; it's too easy to get wrong.Simple example: I was doing a few things with frames this afternoon for the next edition of Find As You Type. So I get the IHTMLFramesCollection2, and name item, which provides me a alternative with kind VT_DISPATCH. I expected that I had to launch that IDispatch interface when I was completed with it, but in fact not; calling launch on it caused IE to crash some time later on (I presume when Internet Explorer itself is releasing the object, now once too many).