Thread: How to solve - Ethernet controller driver not found problem

How to solve - Ethernet controller driver not found problem

Hi,

I had virus in my system so I needed to clean it with almost 5 different anti virus programs but the problem was not solved so I had to format my system & reinstall the windows XP all over again.
    Now the problem is that I don't have any virus but I could not connect to the internet.
    The reason why I cant connect to internet is "Ethernet controller driver not found"
    if you guys know how to have the Ethernet controller driver back on my machine let me know the procedure.

Thanks

Re: How to solve - Ethernet controller driver not found problem

First check your system in the device manager & see what are the components missing.
    Then let us know the configuration of your computer. It will let us know what are the drivers you need to install.
    If you know how to download them over the net then you can search & install them on your own too.
    You can also see if you have the motherboard Driver CD with you or not? If you have the CD 5then you just need to insert it in to the roam & install the needed drivers.

Which Motherboard do you have? Manufacturer?

I have an XP with an Albatron KX400-8XV Pro motherboard.
    i don't know how to find problems in the device manager. Can you be more specific please?

According to your motherboard what I can see over the net that it has a 3Com 10/100 Ethernet integrated
    So find the drivers at 3con.com
    You can also do use some third party driver & install it on your system which will let you know about your system configuration & current status after a scan. It will also let you know what are the drivers you need to install what are the outdated drivers & all.
    You can use products like Everest, Sandra & CPUZ etc.

I also have the same problem my motherboard is INTEL DG41RQ and i use Windows 7 ultimate.In Device Manager-->Network Adapters I dont, see my ethernet card name but I find Ethernet Controller with yellow label under Other Devices in Device Manager.......Could Anyone Please Me????