Thread: Internet Explorer 7 png files not showing; White box Red X

Internet Explorer 7 png files not showing; White box Red X

I am assuming if anybody is experiencing this too? On a Windows XP, SP3 laptop, with Internet Explorer 7, completely patched system; I am observing problems with User level XP accounts (not observing this problem with Administrator level accounts) not being capable to observe PNG images in Internet Explorer 7. They observe White box, with Red X in the upper left side. So please tell me what I can do to solve this problem.

Re: Internet Explorer 7 png files not showing; White box Red X

From my opinion you have to attempt re-registering the pngfilt.dll too, however if you find “DllRegisterServer entry point was not found the file could not be registered” error. While you open a Web page, PNG images in that page may not be showed. In its place, a red X, or a placeholder, may show in situate of the images. Though, the entire other image file types may show properly in Internet Explorer.

First of all tell me which was installed initial, IE7 or SP3? What anti-virus appl. / security suite is installed as well as is your subscription present? What anti-spyware applications? What third-party firewall (if one)? Were several of these applications working in the background while you installed Internet Explorer 7 and/or SP3? Has a (another) Norton or McAfee application yet been installed on the PC.

Hey I have fixed this problem. On Test1 "Administrator" level windows XP account, I eliminated patch 982381, rebooted, and checked IE, similar problem. After that uninstalled patch 980195, rebooted, checked browser, similar problem. after that re-applied the png_fix reg files from, , and after that the Internet explorer 7 png problem cleared up and I was capable to observe .png files in Internet explorer 7.