Thread: Apple Tv not showing up in itunes devices list

Apple Tv not showing up in itunes devices list

Hi,

I have recently purchased Apple TV. I am trying to connect with my imac with mac os x 10.5.5. After configuring the wireless network connection and trying to connect to the shared library from iTunes on my Mac was waiting to appear in iTunes so I can enter the key for linking both devices but Apple Tv not showing up in itunes devices list? ? Can you tell me why???

Re: Apple Tv not showing up in itunes devices list

Ensure that the latest version of iTunes installed. Check the link LED on the router or switch to which your Apple TV is connected. If the light is off, it is possible that this port or cable has a problem. Try a different port or cable. Also, recheck the link LED on the router that connects the computer. If you use Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) make sure that you have Bonjour Update installed. (For the update to take effect, the computer must be restarted after installation.)

I think the firewall switch or router is not configured to unblock ports used by Apple TV on the Ethernet port. If you use a software firewall on your computer, make sure that TCP and UDP ports are open in this software. See " Protocols and TCP and UDP ports used by Apple TV and make sure that Apple TV is connected to a power source and properly connected to your TV. Also check whether you can use the user interface of Apple TV.

If iTunes is installed on a other computer, unplug the Ethernet cable from the Apple TV and connect it to the other computer. Configure iTunes Sharing on the computer where you try to view the Apple TV. On the second computer, check if you can connect to the shared library. If you can connect to shared iTunes library, the problem is probably not connected to the network.

Check if Apple TV is properly connected to your network and whether the network is properly configured. Does not appear in the configuration of the wireless network, Apple TV, press the Menu button to exit the selection screen. When you revisit this, the software will start a new search. Make sure the Ethernet port of your computer has been activated (can you connect to the Internet or the iTunes Store via the Ethernet on this computer?).

You can not simultaneously synchronize and stream content from different computers. If you have configured your Apple TV so that the content is streamed to another iTunes library, Apple TV is not available on iTunes. Open to the Apple TV Sources menu and select the computer from which you want to synchronize. Perhaps you need to use Ethernet crossover cable If the Ethernet port on your computer does not support Gigabit Ethernet or if you have a Mac less recent. Try to connect your Apple TV and your computer to a router or network switch, if necessary.

This is what I did to make my apple TV work again Happy Happy! joy joy!!
    2/24/2011
    1. put my apple tv back to factory settings
    2. I hard wired the apple tv to my router with patch cord
    3. Then I hard wired the apple mac book to the router
    4. used apple remote to went to menu settings re logged into itunes.
    5. when it asked for me to put in the code for the apple tv, apple tv was not showing in itunes device window.
    but I WAITED ABOUT 15MIN AND IT JUST POPPED UP in itunes.
    I THINK I WAS JUST TOO INPATIENT TO WAIT ALL THE OTHER TIMES FOR APPLE TV AND ITUNES TO FIND ONE ANOTHER.
    then i put the code in and apple tv was up and running again
    It was still hard wired at that point ..Then I re sunk my apple tv .
    and every thing was perfect at that time.
    Then I went back on line wireless and pulled up I tunes and Then again
    apple was not in I tunes again.. YES I WAS PISSED..

6. Then I changed the security to on the router from wep to Wpa2
    I had a netgear router by the way.
    Then thats when the apple tv was BACK in itunes window wireless.

I HOPE THIS WORKS FOR YOU ALL!!!
    Good Luck!!

2/24/2011