Thread: Windows 7: Microsoft Outlook 2007 very slow after latest update

Windows 7: Microsoft Outlook 2007 very slow after latest update

I downloaded the 14 updates for Microsoft outlook 2007 as well as 2 were for Microsoft Office in my dell computer. While I attempt as well as load a Microsoft Office 2007 Program, it gets about 10-15 seconds. while I attempt as well as load Microsoft Outlook it takes about 10-15 seconds, however while I attempt to go from Inbox to any other folder or Calendar or Contacts it takes 20-25 seconds previous to anything come into views. This is just occurring after I downloaded the latest updates. It was well before. So please…Need help!

Re: Windows 7: Microsoft Outlook 2007 very slow after latest update

From my opinion you have to Rename or you can delete outcmd.dat, views.dat, extend.dat as well as frmcache.dat. Microsoft Outlook will regenerate these files as required.
    Look for these files at the following places:
    Outcmd.dat:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook
    Extend.dat:
    C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
    Frmcache.dat:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\FORMS
    Views.dat:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
    I hope you will got solved your issue after trying this solution.

You have to generate a new PST. Even though the Outlook 2007 PST is basically the same to the PST format latest to Outlook 2003, Outlook 2007 writes extra data to the PST. If this solves the issue, import or shift your items from your old PST to the latest one. Or you can generate a new profile. No want to delete the old profile just up till now, just make a latest one to observe if the issue is solved. If this solves the issue, you are able to delete the old profile.

You have to disable off Outlook Setup Add-in on Dell PCs that have Media Direct installed. This add-in is accountable for converting meeting requests to returning meetings as well as creating calendar plus contact folders while saving attachments. It too slows Outlook down. You have to open the Tools, Trust Center, Add ins as well as position the add-in. At the bottom of the screen, choose Manage: COM add-ins in addition to Press Go. Take out the mark from the Cyberlink add-in in addition to close the dialog.

You have to disable RSS Feeds in Microsoft Outlook 2007. Microsoft Outlook 12 installs with a arrange of RSS feeds - if you are not utilizing Outlook to read RSS feeds, it is most excellent to take out them from Microsoft Outlook so that no resources are used up in synchronization of these feeds with the web. You have to open Tools after that you have to go to Account Settings and after that RSS Feeds. Choose the entire the RSS feeds in addition to Press the Remove key.

If none of the above solution solves your issue then you can attempt running Outlook 2007 in safe mode (start -> Run dialog as well as type outlook /safe). The second choice is to disable the entire your email rules as well as filters. Plus if Norton antivirus or Zone Alarm is configured by means of Outlook, disable that association. One of these proceedings is supposed to recognize the culprit that is making Outlook to crawl.