Thread: Windows Live client could not connect to server and showing error code 80072F8F

Windows Live client could not connect to server and showing error code 80072F8F

I have some problems with Windows Update and some other Microsoft services. One day, I bought NFS shift for PC and installed it and discovered that the Games for Windows Live client couldn’t connect to the server. Also, when I tried to register a Games for Windows Live account (from play), you must open a page in Internet Explorer, but all I saw when IE opened a "Page Not Found" error. For the reason that, I checked a number of things on my PC and I found that Windows Update were not able to retrieve updates, but the odd thing is that I was able to install updates before do not acquaint with how long before though. I searched that the opening of space for somebody (from inside Windows Live Messenger and IE) is not functioning properly. The same story with Office Outlook Web Access: IE returns a "Page Not Found" error when Firefox displays the logon screen. Because the only clue I have is the error code from Windows Update, it seemed that Microsoft Knowledge Base and tried the solutions exist. All suggestions are welcome.

Re: Windows Live client could not connect to server and showing error code 80072F8F

Do you have any update on this issue? I realized that I have tried a few steps from Windows Update to try to solve this problem. 0x80072F8F error I am getting and it is about the date and time data. You said you checked the date and time to verify it is correct. I also want to check that you ran the following commands to solve the problem:
    1. Open the Start menu
    2. Command prompt in the Start Search field
    3. Right-tick in to the command Prompt and choose Run as administrator
    4. Tick Continue at the UAC
    5. Once at the command prompt, type regsvr32 softpub.dll / s and press Enter
    6. Repeat for the following:

softpub.dll regsvr32 / s
    Regsvr32 wintrust.dll / s
    initpki.dll regsvr32 / s
    Mssip32.dll regsvr32 / s

7. Once finished, restart the computer and retry Windows Update
    If you still have issues along with Windows Update, please tell me if you are receiving the similar error code or latest and whether or not reliable. As for the problem they are having along with Live, please confirm that the port 3074 is open and obtainable. Please also make sure the port used by the game is open and available.To make sure the port utilized by Games for Windows - LIVE

1. On your PC, first thing which you have to do is that you have to start the game. Press the Guide button on the controller to open the Guide.
    2. . after the signing, click Personal Settings, Network Information.
    3. Look at the entrance to the Internet IP address. The number after the colon is the port.

Re: Windows Live client could not connect to server and showing error code 80072F8F

In this I have one solution so if you want then you can go for the same in that you have to open Network Diagnostics, click the network icon in the notice area, and then click Diagnose and repair. Let us know the results of the "Diagnose and Repair". If the problem started after installing new software, check the connection settings to see if they have changed. To do this:

1. Open Network Connections just to click the Start button, tick Control Panel, clicking Network and Internet, clicking Network and Sharing Center, then click Manage network connections.
    2. Click the link and then tick Properties. Then you will get the administrator password windows box or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Thanks for giving the solution but unluckily, the problems still persist. Actually Network Diagnostics does not prompt me any network errors which makes sense for the reason that I can surf the internet normally, except for certain Microsoft services. I'm not getting any strange settings, so I presumption my network connections are very well. The difficulty is that not really be acquainted with what could have caused these problems. Just realized, thanks to Games for Windows Live, as it usually does not pay much attention to Windows updates. According to the history of Windows Update, the latest update took place on November 30, 2008. I do not know how to fix the same so if you guys have any better solution then please help me.

I like that you provide answers to the following questions:
    1. What is the connection type?
    2. What is the configuration of your Internet settings?
    3. Are that connects to a wireless network?
    4. Are connected to a router via an ethernet connection?
    5. Do uses logon credentials to access your Internet service? Demand for security
    6. What do you use? In addition to providing an additional firewall application?
    7. Do you use a proxy to connect to your network?
    8. Have you noticed similar problems with other applications apart from live services?

This information will allow us to reduce the potential causes and more to solve the connectivity issues Issue.

These are the answers of your question:
    1. Use DSL broadband internet.*
    2 a. Are that connects to a wireless network?
    No, this computer is connected to the Internet with a LAN cable.
    Are connected to a router via an ethernet connection?
    Yes, this PC and three other people. Two of them are equipped with Vista and are wireless Internet, and one is running Windows XP and connects to a LAN cable. All three report any poblems with Windows Update or other Microsoft services. I did some testing with my laptop (with Vista, as well as the PC) and connect the LAN cable and wireless remote again, but failed to connect properly. I also tried to change the LAN cable from the first network port on the second (on this computer) but that did not solve the problem. My guess is that the problem is located locally on this computer.
    3.Do uses logon credentials to access your Internet service?

I can not think of anything right now. So far I've noticed the problem only with Windows Live Spaces, Outlook Web Access, Games for Windows Live and Windows Update. However, it is rare for Windows Live Messenger not working well. And please remember that if after trying this you get solution for your query so just update over here. And also if you get any solution which is better than this post it over here so that others also can take the advantage of this.