Thread: Windows Live Essentials 2011: Error 0x80040609 while installing update

Windows Live Essentials 2011: Error 0x80040609 while installing update

This particular forum always helped me to fix the problem whenever I have posted the problem of mine over here. I think looking at the title of this particular thread I am sure that you have concluded what I am going to ask over here. Well I have installed Windows 7 and Windows Live Essential on the computer of mine. Well I am getting message that request me to install windows live essentials 2011 update on the computer of mine. However when I am trying to do so it simply fails to install the update. And also prompts with following error message on the screen ‘Error 0x80040609 while installing Windows Live Essentials 2011 update ‘. Please let me know if you are having any idea why this is happening in the case of mine and also possible solution to fix the problem of mine. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows Live Essentials 2011: Error 0x80040609 while installing update

Well looking at the situation I suspect that this problem is occurring due to Firewall enabled on the computer of yours. I recommend that you should disable the Firewall for the temporary bases and try to install update Windows Live Essential on the computer of yours. I am warning you that your computer might be attacked by the malicious program or malicious user. So make sure that you have not opened any other window of the Internet Explorer is opened when you are attempting to install updates of this particular software. Once you have completed with Updates then you should enable the Firewall again on your computer. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem of yours.

Another thing you should consider that you are having enough space on the hard disk of your computer.
    • Another thing you should consider that you are having enough space on the hard disk of your computer. You have to right click on the Start button and go for Explorer from the right click Context menu.
    • You have right click on the C drive and from the left pane and go for the properties from the right click context menu.
    • You should see that you are having minimum of 200 MB of free space on the C drive of your computer.
    • So look in to your computer and see what the free memory space is in your local C drive.

In order to do successful installation of the Windows Live Essential update on the computer of yours I recommend that you should use Disk Cleanup Manager Utility to delete all the temporary file and folders.
    • You have to click on Start button and enter cleanmgr in to the startsearch box and press Ok.
    • You have to choose the local C drive drop down menu.
    • Disk Cleanup utility will see in to your drive to discover for free space which you can achieve. It might take several minutes to accomplish the process.
    • Now click on Disk Cleanup tab from the Disk Cleanup for (C window.
    • You should select the following items
    Downloaded Program Files
    Temporary Internet Files
    Temporary Files
    Temporary Offline Files
    Offline Files
    • Now simply click on the Delete button to remove all the selected files.
    • You have to click on Yes button when it is prompted by the Disk Cleanup utility. This partcular process might take several minute to finish.

I am providing following quick checks which you can consider regarding this particular problem. Have ever installed Windows Live Essentials successfully on the computer of yours? I recommend that you should try to install the updates using safe mode with Networking. Well to boot your computer in safe mode you have to restart the computer and Press F8 from the keyboard. It will redirect to the Advanced boot menu screen where you gave to choose Safe mode with Networking using arrow key and press enter. Once your computer boot into safe mode try to install update and see whether its helping or not.