Thread: Unable to see drop down menus on websites in internet explorer 8

Unable to see drop down menus on websites in internet explorer 8

I am using windows 7 operating system on my system and internet explorer 8 as my default browser. Recently I connected to internet connection with the help of wireless residential gateway router named “BT Home Hub”. From last few days I am facing one problem with all website I am visiting. They didn’t allow me to use drop down menus available on that particular site. I checked my internet connection. There is no problem in signals. I am facing similar kind of problem when I opened BT websites for checking my mails. I don’t know what to do in order to get rid of this problem. I hope you will definitely provide me reasonable solution in order to solve this problem. Your replies are only source of solution for me. I would like to say thanks in advance for your precious replies.

Re: Unable to see drop down menus on websites in internet explorer 8

Before changing settings of your system or your internet explorer I suggest you to try to solve this problem using simple solution. First turn off your pc and start it on safe mode you will get the option to select the mode of starting before startup screen appeasers on your screen. There is two to three options available to select the mode of starting. Select safe mode and press enter. Now check by visiting websites whether you are successful to use dropdown menus of that particular web site you are visiting or not. If your problem is solved after turning in to safe mode then there will be some bugs present inside your system. In order to get rid of this problem I will suggest you to scan your entire machine with the help of some updated antivirus and don’t forget to update it on regular intervals to avoid these kinds of problems in future.

I think this must be a problem arise due to incorrect internet settings. It might be possible that due to faulty settings your browser didn’t allow you to use drop down menus present inside website. If this is a issue you can easily fix it. In order to fix this problem simply follow the steps given below:-
    • Open your internet explorer.
    • Select the option names “Tools”.
    • Select internet option.
    • After that select the advance tab under that option.
    • Click on reset button.
    • After that restart your browser again.

Hope this will solve your all problems related to websites.

If even after changing your systems start up mode from normal to safe mode you still facing similar kind of problem with your browser than there is definitely something wrong inside your internet explorer. I will suggest you to run your internet explorer in no-add-on mode. You can easily switch your browser to this mode just click on start menu and select all programs option. There inside accessories option you will see option called “System Tools”. There you will get a option to change your browses default mode to no-add-on mode. After that visit some web pages containing number of drop down menus option. See whether your problem is solved or not.

This must be a problem related to your add- on or toolbar of your internet explorer. Go inside tools option and check the same situation by enabling and disabling add- on connection. If possible try to diagnose this problem by disabling both options add- on and toolbar. Sorry! I don’t have any other solution to get rid of this problem. I will get back to you as soon as I get reasonable solution for you.

If possible try to test the same scenario but using another browser instead of default browser you are currently using. There are number of browser available inside markets which are as good as your internet explorer. I am currently using opera mini as my default browser from last four months and until now I never face any problem like this. If your problem remains as it is even after changing your browser I will suggest you to contact some private engineer to get rid of this problem.