Thread: Opera: Address Bar gets highlighted when switched to new tab

Opera: Address Bar gets highlighted when switched to new tab

I am sure that this is a bug there and I just want to get it solved. In the previous version of the Opera I had never encountered this issue but with this version of the Opera I really can see the issue here. Whenever I open a link in the new tab I have seen that the address bar gets highlighted there. The complete address field gets highlighted. This is really annoying there. As when I navigate back to the tab there then I am required to take care that I do not write anything in the address bar there. Can you all please let me know if this can be fixed here?

Re: Opera: Address Bar gets highlighted when switched to new tab

After seeing the issues of yours; it really seems to me that it is some sort of bug there and hence it will be better if you can simply report it to the Opera Tech Support and see if they can just come up with some sort of solution instead. I have also noticed some of the users telling that when they cut the address field and navigate to some other tab and come back to the previous tab then they can see the address field again. Also they have seen that the address bar gets highlighted there. Hope that they all will come up with the solution soon.

It seems to me that Opera has already come up with the solution and you all have not tried it yet. Have you all there tried using the Opera 11.01 in your system? Well this version of Opera i.e. Opera 11.01 has been seen to have solved almost all the issues of the previous version of the Browser and hence I am sure that you will be able to see the same getting solved there as well. I have not yet tried yet but will give this a try soon.

I was pretty sure that you have not give this a try and hence you are saying that you will be able to get it working. The thing is that Opera 11.01 has come up with some of the solutions to the bugs that have been reported for the earlier version but this update has really no solution to the bug that has been reported till date. Well if you want you can give this a try but really you will not see this working in your case.

I would just like to say that it will be better if you can just have the installation of the Opera 10.63 in your case and see if that can really solve the issue of yours. You will be required to uninstall the older version of the Opera from the Control Panel and then you can run the CCleaner and Registry cleaner and then you can go with the installation of the Opera Browser. I am sure that it will really help you with the issue that you are having there.