Thread: How to Get Rid of Pesky addresses in my address bar

How to Get Rid of Pesky addresses in my address bar

I keep receiving these 18 or so pesky addresses (7 of them are files from my C as well as D drives, plus the rest are web addresses) in my address bar. No matter what I attempt these keep showing again and again, any other fresh sites that I visit, or any no. of other websites I visit will be deleted, however these 18 for some cause stay around. What can I perform to get out of the permanently?

Re: How to Get Rid of Pesky addresses in my address bar

You have to open Control Panel then System and Maintenance and then Indexing Options. As you are able to observe Internet Explorer History is mechanically indexed as well as be able to NOT be taken out from Windows Search Indexing. However, we are able to flush out the entries by pressing on Advanced as well as after that rebuild. Once you press on Rebuild as well as re-open IE8, the entire the earlier pesky History access in the address bar are GONE forever!! Hope this assists,

The one choice I advise for taking out history as well as a host of other files is a freeware application known as CCleaner. I am not stating it will cure your difficulty however it is totally free as well as is surely worth an attempt. It not merely deletes history however as well temporary internet files, most recently utilized URLs, Index.dat files (Windows itself will not remove index.dat files, so even although you believe you have removed the entire traces of your internet movements, you have not. the entire you internet action is stored in the index.dat files.)

From my discussion I came to know that Local documents will not be wash out from the history as they are not element of the Internet Explorer history, they are only "linked in". You be able to delete any address from the address bar dropdown through clicking DEL while you are on it or through pressing the red x at the end of the line. May this information will help you to get closer to your solution.