Thread: Internet Explorer 8: Favorites save the same link two times

Internet Explorer 8: Favorites save the same link two times

Currently my system is running on to the windows xp and in that I am making use of the internet explorer 8. And please help me actually the same thing happens to me. Actually in favorites save me twice the same link, one not working with "'The destination of the Internet connection is not valid. Check the correctness of the properties tab of the Internet connection. But the other has the name of the site and it works but I always save 2 times the same link as described, how can I fix this? Thanks.

re: Internet Explorer 8: Favorites save the same link two times

The problem is probably caused by AVG. I understand that has worked well for a long time but you must try to remove it for testing. Install an antivirus that I have already suggested, not to remain unprotected. Do not betray yourself by urban legends. Microsoft Security Essentials and Avira Antivir are available considered among the best, most effective antivirus and light in movement. So if you want my opinion then you can go for that.

Excellent. As it turned AVG was the culprit with its add-ons which are incompatible with Internet Explorer 8. With Antivirus active and regularly updated and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, which you can use from time to time for a full system scan, you're properly protected. Avira Antivirus is properly configured by default by the manufacturer. You do not need to customize the settings, even if I do not recommend for advanced users who know where and how to "put your hands." Yes, you can periodically scan the system with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (to be updated before you run it) and Windows Live OneCare Safety Scanner. If you have the feature "Automatic Updates" turned on the Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool Microsoft is downloaded and run automatically every second Tuesday of the month. And demonstrated that the form of e-mail antivirus scanning is useless, in fact, it often causes problems out of the mail server and in some cases the corruption of the e-mail. So just go for this I am sure that it will help you.

There is one more solution for it so in that first thing which you have to do is that. Reset Internet Explorer 8. Run the "Fix it" in the Microsoft Knowledge Base article and you will get that on to the Microsoft official website. If you have problems with running the "Fix it" manually reset Internet Explorer:
    • Internet Options.
    • Click the Advanced tab.
    • In the Reset Internet Explorer dialog box, click Reset, and then click Reset.
    • Once the restore default settings of Internet Explorer, click Close in the dialog box to reset Internet Explorer.

Do not remove IE8. Remove and install AVG or Avira Antivir MSE, and then do a test with your favorites. The web is full of posts of people complaining about your problems with your bookmarks because the components (which are incompatible with Internet Explorer 8) LinkScanner, Search-Shield and Active Surf-Shield AVG Security Toolbar. I am sure after doing the same you will get fix for your query.