Thread: Currency payment in Android Market

Currency payment in Android Market

My problem is i can't efficiently purchase applications or games from the Android Market due to the foolishness of pricing them in numerous currency types. I am living in UK. I can’t purchase from my native currency type but I bought from others. Sometime it seems to me that I am paying much money than the application amount. I know that it might be a commission but it won’t be much more than the application price. But in my case I am losing more money than that sometime. Does anybody know how can I fairly purchase apps or games from the android market? Any help will be much appreciated.

Re: Currency payment in Android Market

I don’t think that this kind of issue you will get in your country. The android market also doesn’t do anything like that. It must something related to your payment type. The currency type and transaction is completely depends upon the source of your money or account. If you are using paypal to buy application then you need to contact them and notice them about your issue. If you are using credit card to pay for money then you need to contact the bank. They might have set the policies for your credit card.

The commission money is a normal issue because if you are buying any product from other country or sources then you must need to pay the required amount depending on the total amount of your purchase. This kind of purchase or commission you will notice in all online market sites. For example there also you will need to pay some extra amount along with the product amount. If you are losing much money then you need to contact Android market place for help.

Some time it is not possible for your to buy the applications or games in the Google market with your country’s currency type. Because the paying option is completely depends on the company and which country it reside. If it is a US based company then you must pay the amount as US dollars. You can’t pay in UK pound. The app will show its amount in US dollars also. And for overseas transaction or purchase the bank obviously cuts some charge as commission. If it is inside the same country then you won’t lose any or much amount form your bank balance or credit card.

If your paying for your app in Android market using credit card then the some transaction amount will be deducted from the account due to the international transaction. If there is any offer from the credit card maker then you won’t lose much amount. However if you are paying via paypal then you might get some deduction. Whatever the issue may be, you should see your bank regarding the issue about online banking. Ask much information regarding your bank policy as well as online payment limitations or restrictions.