Thread: Want 1-line favorites instead of 2-line in IE 8

Want 1-line favorites instead of 2-line in IE 8

On my Windows XP computer with IE 8, while I added a favorite, the name I select made ONE line in my favorite list. While I held the mouse pointer over it, I observe the URL in the status bar. With IE 8 on my Windows 7 computer, while I add a favorite, it places TWO lines in my favorite list. I am utilizing AVG Anti-Virus Edition 2011, suggested by the shop which built my computer. Whether I press the "Add" key in the "Add a Favorite" window or select Alt-a, sometimes it generates a 1-line favorite, additional times, with the similar URL, it generates a 2-line favorite. Does anybody make out why the similar IE 8 offers me 2-line favorites with Windows 7, however 1-line favorites with Windows XP? Can I DISABLE 2-line favorites as well as return to 1-line favorites?

Re: Want 1-line favorites instead of 2-line in IE 8

Does the issue go away if you disable AVG just long sufficient to check a site or two? How about if you put out of action any of these AVG optional characteristics, if running: Linkscanner, Surf Shield, Search Shield, and Security Toolbar? I would even be inclined to attempt this. Uninstall AVG and reboot, after that perform a new install of AVG: This time choose the custom install choice as well as do not install Linkscanner, Search Shield, Active Surf Shield, Security toolbar or one of the email scanning components.

At primary I am thinking that you were appearing at Favorites in the Favorites Center which displays both the Favorite name (e.g. title) as well as its URL as a tooltip. As a result, I recommended (semi-facetiously) that you utilize the Favorites menu in its place, which provides simply the name (e.g. no tooltip) as well as, at least on Windows 7, a truncated show of every menu item.

At what you are attempting to explain would be that lengthy names could be packaging inside the space accessible. This would be particularly likely in IE9 where the Favorites Center at the moment opens far to the right however in IE8 it be supposed to yet be on the left. In either situation you could resize your pinned Favorites bar however not sufficient to stop the require of a wrap in many situations. Though, if that is what you are complaining regarding it would most likely be a fine thought for you to rename some Favorites which have so long a name to something shorter as well as more working.

I have seen that the tooltip presentation there is strange. E.g. sometimes it displays just the URL in one line reduced with an ellipsis; sometimes it displays just the URL however wrapped into two or three lines; for a moments it displays both the title as well as the URL in two lines (as well as it is not just as a truncated title is initially shown with an ellipsis.) Bay the way these comments are being made on IE9 however I do not think these tooltip shows are any different from the way they would show in IE8.