Thread: Unable to Delete History in Address Bar on Internet Explorer 8

Unable to Delete History in Address Bar on Internet Explorer 8

I have recently installed Internet Explorer 8 on the computer of mine. Well I have found that I am unable to delete browsing history from the dropdown history box which is located on the Address bar. I have tried with Deleting all history including cookies as well as setting all history to autodelete on closing of browser. I have tried everything which i can apply to fix the problem but all of my efforts were fruitless. Any suggestion to solve the problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to Delete History in Address Bar on Internet Explorer 8

I was having the same problem which you have posted over here. Well i hvae done following steps to fix the problem and luckily it worked for me. Hence i am posting here what i have done to solve the problem of mine.
    • You have to launch Internet Explorer and click on Content and go for Autocomplete.
    • You have to click on settings under Autocomplete. You have to uncheck Browsing History checkbox .
    Using this setting you will be able to remove the history from the address bar of the Internet Explorer 8.

Well looking at the situation I recommend that you should try with resetting with Internet Explorer settings. This setting will delete all the history, password from the cache of the browser
    • You have to launch Internet Explorer if it already closed then launch the browser.
    • You have to click on the Tool button and go for Internet Option.
    • You have to click on Advanced tab and simply click on Reset.
    • Now click on Reset on Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
    • You have to close browser once it is finished with applying default settings and click on Close and Ok.
    • Now close the browser. The changes will take effect when you launch the browser next time.

According to your requirement I recommend that you should use third party application to meet your requirement. Well I recommend you should use CCleaner in this situation. This application you can download from the official website of the developer. You can use this application to delete Temporary files, history, cookies, Autocomplete form history, index.dat form the Internet Explorer of yours. It also makes your computer more secure and faster. It’s very easy to use and fast to download.