Thread: Always new browser window gets open in background

Always new browser window gets open in background

Hello friends I am using my computer system from quite a while and recently I had formatted by system to include the Windows Xp service pack, I was having the Internet Explorer 8 before the format and I had saved the set file of its so as to install the same after the format. So once when the format was over I had installed the IE 8 which I had saved on my Windows Xp service pack 3. But when I use this IE 8 I have found that when each and ever time I click on a link in an current browser session to open a new browser window in the internet explorer 8 the new window that gets loaded always opens in the background behind any other open form or window. So with this I have to tab through many browser every time, so can some one help me to know who to make that link open up in the current browser.

Re: Always new browser window gets open in background

I think that to open up in the new browser or in the current browser is depended upon the link that you are clicking, sometimes the link that you click on open up the link on the same browser and sometimes it gets opened up in the new browser. So I think that the link has the dependability of opening upon the desired browser, what you can do is that you can copy the link and then press the tab button to open up a new to paste that address from where you will get the link to get open up in the same browser, so I think that this will only be the solution left with you to get the link to open at your desired place.

Hey , I am also using the IE 8 browser but my browser opens up the link in exactly the same browser in a separate tab where I had clicked on the link. I think that your browser might have got corrupted due to which you are not able to get the link to pen on the same browser as by default the settings has been done in the IE 8 browser to open up the link ins exactly same place, now that you are not getting it to open at the same browser so what I believe is that your browser will be definitely be lacking something which reinstalling the new one can solve the problem.

I think that you didn’t read my post correctly I have tried reinstalling the IE 8 browser many times but still there was no way such that the problem was getting solved, even after the reinstallation of the browse many times the same problem would persist, I don’t like to copy the link and ten pasting the same on a different tab in the same browser as it consumes so much of my time, so what I would want to know are there any other who are going through the same problem with IE 8 or is that only I am facing it, please do provide some different solutions as well.

Here the solution to get the link that you want open up in the same browser, you have to follow the steps very carefully
    • First Open registry Go to Start and Type regedit and press enter.
    • Next Find the key:
    • HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
    • Now On the right pane right click on the following key and select modify:
    • ForegroundLockTimeout
    • Select Base as decimal and then type 0 (zero) in the value data box and click on O.
    • Exit from registry and restart the computer