Thread: Cannot set 64-bit Internet Explorer as default

Cannot set 64-bit Internet Explorer as default

Hello friends I have brought this Dell laptop just few days ago which is having Windows 7 operating system on it , although there seems to be no problem at all with the laptop and I am able to use each and every feature of it without having any kind of glitch in the laptop. But since the Windows that I am having is a 64 bit version then the problem is that I am not able to set the Internet Explorer as a default on my laptop, I have tried many times to make the following changes but then also I am not able to set the Internet Explorer as a default browser, I am using the version 8 of it and still no provision at all.

Re: Cannot set 64-bit Internet Explorer as default

Hey have you reinstalled the Internet Explorer that you are using and checked if you are getting the option to set the browser the default one, I think that the current version that you are having on your system might be corrupted and that is why you are not able to set the browser as the default one, you must remove the browser and then download a fresh new copy from the internet and then carry on installing the same on your system, I hope that this will certainly solve all your problem and you will be able to set the browser as the default one.

Since you are having the Windows 7 64 bit version operating system on your system, so what I would suggest is that you should search for the Internet Explorer 8 which is again 64 bit version, I believe that the only Explorer will run on the Windows 7 64 bit version is that the Explore which is again the 64 bit version, also make sure that you have a updated version of the Flash player on your system, with this I think that you will certainly be able to solve the problem of making the browser the default one.

Guys thanks for all the quick reply that you have mentioned in the above post but unfortunately none of them was able to solve my problem at all, I have many times tried reinstalling the same browser again and again but then also I am not able to set the IE 8 browser as the default one, I have gone through many of the solutions that were given in many other forums but then also I was not able to set the browser as the default one. I am also not in a position to delete the other browser and would want to use both of them, as I have to open may of my account at the same time.

Hey I would want to know that which of the other browser you are using except the IE 8, what you can do is that if you want to make the current ID 8 as your default browser then you can you can delete the other browser , this will make the ID8 behave like the current browser now you can reinstall the other browser that you have deleted again and then when you open the browser the first time after the installation you will be prompted so as to make that browser the default so this time you will have to choose no and then you can carry your work with the IE 8 browser as it will be remember as your default browser.