Thread: Internet Explorer 8:’ The ordinal 410 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dl’

Internet Explorer 8:’ The ordinal 410 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dl’

I have installed Windows XP SP3 on the computer of mine. On which I have installed Internet Explorer 8. As soon as I try to launch the Internet Explorer 8 I am getting following error message on the screen which can be stated as ‘The ordinal 410 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dll’. I really don’t know why this problem is happening on the system of mine. Please let me know if you are having any solution to solve the matter of yours. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8:’ The ordinal 410 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dl’

Well looking at the error message which you have provided I am unable to find out why this problem is happening on your situation. Let me know from when you are facing this particular problem. Do you have done any hardware or software changes on your computer before the beginning of the problem? Answer the above mentioned question so that I can let you what further steps should be taken to fix the problem.

Re: Internet Explorer 8:’ The ordinal 410 could not be located in the dynamic link library urlmon.dl’

I think in this particular situation I recommend that you should use Fix it to solve the problem of yours. Well you have to download and run Fix it on the computer of yours and follow the instruction which are provided by the Fix it wizard. It has ability to identify the root cause of the problem in Internet Explorer and fixes the same. Let me know whether it is working or not. Wish you all the best.

In this particular situation I recommend that you should use try to register urlmon.dll on the system of yours. You have to click on start button and enter cmd on the startsearch box and press enter. Now copy paste the following command on the terminal and press enter.
    Code:
    regsvr32 urlmon.dll
    If it did not helps you to solve the problem and then another thing you can run sfc /scannow command on the command prompt. Let me know that output of the above mentioned work around.

Let me know that this problem is explicitly occurring with Internet Explorer or with all the other browser. If you have not tried with other browsers then I am suggesting you that you should with other browsers like Firefox and Chrome and see problem persist or not. Also try to run your computer in Safe mode with networking and see whether it’s working or not. Shore your experience so that other users can learn from it.