Thread: Internet Explorer 8 hangs after right clicking on ‘My Favorites’ folder

Internet Explorer 8 hangs after right clicking on ‘My Favorites’ folder

I have installed Windows 7 on the computer of mine. I have recently upgraded with Internet Explorer 8 and I really loved the look and features of this particular browser. Well now I should tell you regarding the problem which is I am facing. Whenever I try to rename or delete the any folder from the My Favorites in Internet Explorer 8, it simply gets freezes. However right click works fine on the other file. There is an issue with the files which are located inside the favorites. Any idea to fix the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8 hangs after right clicking on ‘My Favorites’ folder

I recommend that you should try to run the system in clean boot and see Internet Explorer crashes or not.
    • You have to click on start button and enter msconfig in to run and press enter.
    • You have to click on continue and if it is prompted by the User Account Control.
    • Now you have to click on Selective startup and uncheck Load startup items checkbox.
    • Now go for Services tab and check the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox and click on Disable All.
    • Now click on Ok and restart your computer.
    • Once you have completed with the above and see whether problem persist or not. If problem does not persist then you have to figure out which service is causing the problem. by simply unchecking the service one after then other.
    I am hoping that it will help you to figure out the root cause the problem.

Well looking at the situation you have provided I am asking couple of question over here. Answer them here so that I can let you know what further steps should be taken to fix this particular problem.
    • Which way do use to rename or delete the folder of the ‘My Favorites’?
    • In which way do you accessing the ‘My Favorites’ folder through C:\ drive or by favorites of the Internet Explorer 8?

Well have you tried with Resetting with settings of the Internet Explorer 8. Now question is how to resetting Internet Explorer 8?its very simple and it consist of the following steps.
    • You have to close all the program which are already running on the computer of yours. You have to enter inetcpl.cpl on the Startsearch box and hit enter from the keyboard.
    • Internet Option dialog box will pop up on the screen. You have to click on Advanced tab.
    • You have to click on Reset under Reset Internet Explorer settings and again click on Reset.
    • Once you have finished close the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box.
    Now restart the Internet Explorer and see what happens.

I was having the same problem which you have posted on this particular thread.
    • Well you have to launch Internet Explorer if it is already closed . Now click on Tools from the menu and click on Internet Option.
    • Now choose Security and simply uncheck Enable Protected Mode checkbox.
    After doing above mentioned procedure I am not having any problem so far. I am hoping that it will help you to fix the problem.

Well looking at the situation I recommend that you should try to run the computer on the Safe mode and see whether you are able to fix the problem or not.
    • You have to restart the computer and press F8 from the keyboard.
    • It will display Advanced Boot menu on the screen of the computer of yours.
    • You have to choose safe mode with arrow key and press enter from the keyboard.
    • Now your computer has been started in to safe mode. Now see what happens.