Thread: Unable to find internet explorer icon

Unable to find internet explorer icon

Somebody was on my PC as well as I guess the deleted my explorer icon in addition to I am not able to find it in my files or anything. I went on with a different web browser as well as tried to download explorer 8 however it failed for the reason that it said I previously have this or a better version. Somebody please tell me how to find my icons so I can’t utilize explorer again.

Re: Unable to find internet explorer icon

I would advise you to follow the below steps as well as check if you get the Internet Explorer files and are able to create a shortcut –
    1. Press Start as well as after that Press to open computer.
    2. Double Press to open C: drive. In the drive double Press to go to Program files.
    3. Now in the open files double Press to open Internet Explorer folder.
    4. Now you be able to right Press on the file iexplorer.exe as well as choose the choice Send to Desktop (generate shortcut).

From my opinion you have to open Internet Explorer directly without utilizing shortcut for that you have to Press Start and then in the search field you have to type Internet Explorer. After that Double Press the program that shows at the top of the list with the name Internet Explorer. This will open the window of Internet Explorer. You be able to as well right Press the program in addition to choose the alternative Send to Desktop (create shortcut) to generate a shortcut on desktop. Hope this helps.

The ways you have specified simply create a shortcut not the original / real Internet Explorer icon. Earlier in Windows XP, We are able to go to show properties window, press on desktop tab as well as press on customize desktop plus there we had the choice to create a check mark against Internet Explorer with we are able to bring back the icon however after installing Internet Explorer 8, it has disappeared from the customize desktop tab as well. How do we get the definite icon as well as not the shortcut back?

Windows 7 no longer supports the capability to change the registry to obtain the special Internet Explorer image to come into view on your desktop. This alter was made to make sure Internet Explorer could be removed without difficulty for compliance cause. The simply method to add the Internet Explorer image to the desktop in Windows 7 is to generate a shortcut.