Thread: Opera 11: Missing icon files

Opera 11: Missing icon files

I have this browser installed on the system here but really I cannot find why it is giving me trouble here. I have some of the Web Pages and I have saved it on the system. But they are not having the icons that they should have. I have seen that when there is a word document then the icon for it is the Word icons. With the Opera web pages I cannot see it working. Can you all please help me in getting the things back on the files here? At this moment I really cannot find any suggestion from the web and hence I thought of asking it here. I have Opera 11 installed here.

Re: Opera 11: Missing icon files

In your case you will be required to have the Opera as the default browser. Actually the thing is that when you will make the Opera as the default browser then you will see the files getting the Opera icons on it. If you want to check it then you can go to the preference option and then can go to the Advanced option and then select Programs tab there. Once you are there then you will be able to see the version of the Opera there. If the option there is not checked then it will be better if you can just check the option there. Now restart the system and see if the issue of yours gets solved after this.

Well I am sure that the above trick will really work in your case and if that does not go in your way then you can try to go with the things here instead. If you are on Windows platform then just to go the Tools and then select the Folder Options there. Now select the Files Type option and then see for the HTM. See with what they are actually associated there. If you see that they are not associated to anything then you can just change it the Opera by making use of the Change Icon option there. I am sure that this will really help you with the issue of yours. If you have Internet Explorer as the default browser then the files there must have the icon of them there. You can select the opera.exe for the icon of the files while using the change icon option.

If all the things go in the simple manner then it is actually the thing that I would have wished for. Now the thing is that if however the above trick does not go in your way then it will be simply great if you can make use of this TweakUI tool. You can Google it down and then can download it and install the same. Make sure that while making the installation of the TweakUI you see for the version of the Operating System. The thing is that the icon cache might have got corrupted and I am pretty much sure that this option will really solve the issue that you are having there.

Well it seems to me that if you want the things to go in the proper way then it will be simply great if you can just try to open up the files using the Opera Browser. You can do one thing. Make a right click on the files that you want to have the Opera icon. Once you do that then you will be required to select the Open option. You will be asked to select the program from the various programs in the list select the Opera Browser there and check the box that says: Do you want to open all the files associated with this format using this program and then open the file. I am sure that you will be able to see the icon of Opera on it and that too without any bigger issues there. Let me know about the same.