Thread: How to stop cross-site script in Internet Explorer 8?

How to stop cross-site script in Internet Explorer 8?

I am really satisfied with the look and feel of this particular browser Internet Explorer 8. However I have started to face very annoying situation from today morning. Well I was supposed to take print out page from the browser but it was prompting an error message on the screen which can be stated as ‘Internet Explorer has modified this page to help prevent cross-site scripting.’ Well I am not having any idea regarding this particular error. Any suggestions to solve this particular problem will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: How to stop cross-site script in Internet Explorer 8?

Looking at the situation you have provided I am unable to find out the root cause of the problem. I want to know certain more details to learn about this particular problem. First of let me know which operating system you have installed on your computer also tell if you have done any recent changes on your computer. I mean let me know if you have installed or uninstalled any hardware or software on your computer. Another important thing I want to know that this problem occurs with all the websites or with only particular website. Answer the above mentioned questions so that I can find out how to fix the problem of yours.

I don’t know what solution you can apply to solve this particular problem but I think I know something regarding Cross Site Scripting. Nowadays Cross Site Scripting (XSS) attacks are becoming top exploit against Web servers. The most command problem by using this particular attack is buffer overflow. This is also used to steal cookies or other important credentials and deface pages from the web application.

For this particular problem Internet Explorer 8 having a filter which will help you to protect from type-1 XSS attacks. Well you can turn off XSS filter by using the particular method.
    • You have to launch Internet Explorer 8 if it is already closed.
    • Now go to Tools and choose Internet Options from the Menu bar.
    • Now click on Security Tab and choose Custom level.
    • Now you have to search for Disable XSS Filter from the drop down list and simply click on it.
    • Now try to take printout and let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

Yes Internet Explorer 8 is having feature to make reflected (Type I) XSS" vulnerabilities difficult to exploit. Well script be reflected only when the part of the HTTP request is utilized to produce server’s response. It allows malicious script in request to execute with having equal level of access on the rest of the page. Well this particular XSS filter observes all the requests and response which are produced by the browser. In any case it identifies any cross-site request then it simply disables the same if it is forwarded by the server. When such thing happens it simply prompts ‘Internet Explorer modified this page to prevent a potential cross-site scripting attack’ on the screen. If any web developer who wanted to disable this particular filter then simply set following HTTP header on their content.
    Code:
    X-XSS-Protection 0