Thread: How to access U.S. Websites in other countries

How to access U.S. Websites in other countries

Hi, I am new to this forum, so please ignore my mistakes (if any). I want to ask about the accessing the U.S. websites from other countries. Let me tell you that recently I am using the China ISP, and many sites I found in other languages (like many times I get redirected to http://www.netvigator.com/ while searching something). So can you members help me on this issue? I hope that its not my browser problem. Is there any way due to which I can get all websites in English.? Hoping that someone from your side will help me soon.

Re: How to access U.S. Websites in other countries

After checking the site (mentioned by you), I came to know that site is developed in Chinese (or other language). So it will not show you in English.!! (you were having silly doubt ). If there are some sites that previously opened in English and now it's opening in other languages, then you will have to change the settings. What do you have reset as your Language Preference and that options is in Tools --> Internet Options --> Languages. Once you go in there, just select English (US), instead of some other languages.

According to me, there are probability that the websites are using your ISP (the physical location of your computer) to send you to dissimilar versions. Sites should make use of the language preference system, as this is what it was designed for. I would like to give you an example, Hulu (http://www.hulu.com/) is website that you can only access from United States. I know search engines like Google are quite superior at giving you the option of always using google.com (which you can check at bottom right hand side generally). Unluckily, there is nothing else you can do separately from contacting the website owner and requesting them to update the site.

What I think is that Language preference is not the reason at all. The most of US web sites identify your location of IP, or countries, so that US web services of any contents cannot be accessible in additional countries including China. The only option you can go through it in China for US contents is using VPN solutions. You're using IP in US through the VPN tunnel provided in US. You need to pay for the Network services of VPN from US services providers. And all this information you can find it in several searching sites.