Thread: JScript compilation error syntax error

JScript compilation error syntax error

Hi all, I am having Internet Explorer 7 installed in my computer and I am having some problem with that. Whenever, I am browsing the internet then after a few minutes, it shows me the message that says JScript compilation error syntax error with a Red Cross icon and an OK button. If I press the OK button then it closes the browser with all the tabs and I have to start the browser once again. This is very annoying to me. Can you tell me that why this is happening to me and how can I solve this problem? Thank you very much in advance.

Re: JScript compilation error syntax error

I think that the problem is with the proxy script if you are having the network and proxy server and so you are getting that problem. If that is the case then you can try to go through the steps below and see if that is able to help you or not.
    1. First of all you will have to close the entire opened instances of Internet Explorer.
    2. Now go to Start > Control Panel.
    3. Select "Internet Options".
    4. Choose the Connections tab and click "LAN settings" button.
    5. At the peak part of this screen, you will see two settings - "Automatically detect settings" as well as "Use automatic configuration script".
    6. Uncheck "Use automatic configuration script" choice.
    7. Click OK on both the open dialog boxes until you are reverse at Control Panel.
    8. Now try to run that again and see if the problem happens again.

I think that the browser which is installed in your computer is corrupted or not working properly and that is the reason that you are getting this problem. If you want to get out of this issue then you will have to install the browser once again. And see if that is able to solve the issue for you. Before installing the browser, you will have to uninstall the currently installed one from your computer and then install the new one. This will make all the new files for the browser and your issue may be resolved.

Why are you using the Internet Explorer 7? My suggestion to you is to use the Internet Explorer 8 and that will surely work great for you. I am using the same and that is working great for me and I hope that this will do the same for you also. This will be the best way to solve this if you are getting the same error message after installing the Internet Explorer 7 again and again.

It is also possible that there may be some problem with the operating system which is installed in your computer. Some of the files in it which is needed for running the browser may be missing and so are getting the problems like this. You will have to do the repair to your computer. If you want to do that then you will have to take the bootable CD of the operating system which is installed in your computer. Insert that in optical drive of your computer and boot from that CD. When it asks you for the type of the installation then you will have to select Repair as the option and continue. Rest of the things will be done by itself. Once it is completed with the process then it will restart the computer and your issue may be resolved.