Thread: Windows 7 cannot remember Usernames & passwords

Windows 7 cannot remember Usernames & passwords

Previously, I was using the Windows XP and recently I have switched to Windows 7. All the things with it are running without any problem. It is having Internet Explorer 8 with it and I am facing some issue with it. Actually, whenever I try to save any online password to my computer then it fails to remember that. Next time, I have to type the password once again. This is very frustrating to type the password again and again on my personal computer. This was not the case when I was using the Windows XP then why this is happening with the Windows 7. If you have any idea for this then please let me know about this. I will be thankful to all the replies.

Re: Windows 7 cannot remember Usernames & passwords

Is it the bank website, for which it is not able to save the password? Many of the bank websites do not permit you to save the username and password because of the security reason. But if that is for other sites also then you can try the following thing and see if that is able to help you. You will have to open the Internet explorer and go to Tools and select Internet Option. This will open the internet options box with many tabs on that. You will have to select the content tab and after that click on the settings that is under auto complete. Here you will have to uncheck the checkbox that is next to Ask me before saving passwords. So do this and see if that is able to solve the issue for you. I have seen many of the cases like this where doing the same resolves the problem and I hope that this will do the same for you.

If the above given procedure helps you then it is good but if that is not able to help you then you can try the steps below and see if that is able to solve the problem for you.
    1. First of all, press the Windows + R button.
    2. Here you will have o type control userpasswords.
    3. Now click on manage your credentials that is there towards left pane.
    4. Click on the Add a Windows credential that is in windows credentials.
    5. Here you will have to fill the details and apply the settings.

This looks like that the cookies for the username and password is getting dleted automatically after you save it and so it is not able to recognize that. I would like to tell you that the cookies are having the lifespan and after expiration of that time, it will get unusable automatically and that will not be accepted by that website. Anyway, you can try to do the following and see if that is able to help you or not. You will have to add the website to permit the list under Privacy.
    1. First, open the Internet Explorer.
    2. Now select Tools.
    3. Click on the Internet Options.
    4. Select the Privacy tab.
    5. Click on the sites.
    6. Type the address of the website
    7. Now click on allow.
    8. Click OK.
    9. Click OK.

I hope that this will help you.

There may be some problem with the installed files for the browser. Those may be corrupted or missing and so you are getting this issue. So the best thing that you can try to solve the issue is to install the browser once again. Uninstall the browser that is creating the problem for you and then install that once again. You should download a fresh copy of the setup from the internet and then install that from that setup. I am quite sure that this will solve the issue for you. This is the best way to get out of the problem.