Thread: Netgear dgnd3300 modem/router wireless not connecting

Netgear dgnd3300 modem/router wireless not connecting

My refurbished Netgear dgnd3300 modem/router was working somewhat fine for the past few months. I got cocky and thought I could set up my external hardrive to the device. No dice. But in my messing with the router/modem settings I have lost my wireless. The signal is there, but none of my wireless devices will connect. (iphone, wii or ibook laptop) I realized I turned mac filter on. I have since disabled that and the security. Still not connection. My iphone finds the signal and tries to connect then i get the message " unable to join network" After I disabled the mac filter i power cycled it, but the device takes about 4 hrs for it to find the internet again and I am waiting for it to decide to never to find it. I recently lost my job and can't afford a new modem/router!

Please help!!!

Re: Netgear dgnd3300 modem/router wireless not connecting

Based on a suggestion from another forum thread i found, i manually added the ip address to my iphone. It found and connected to my wireless! hurray! But the connection is super slow. boo! Much slower than my wired pc connection. I restarted and did similar on my ibook and again success in connecting with a super slow connection. I tried going back and applying the wpa2-psk password and ibook will no longer connect after entering password.

Ibook says the network requires a wpa password? even though i applied a wpa2? does this matter? how do i change what it asks for?

Well if you are thinking that the issue is because of the iPhone of yours then you can just try to have the cell phone reset and then see if the things can get speed up to some extent. You will be required to press and hold the Home button and the Sleep button of the cell phone. You will be required to keep both the buttons holding till you see the iPhone shutting off and then restarting again. Once you see the Silver logo of Apple then you can just let the Home and the Sleep Button to go. This will complete the Hard Reset on the cell phone. As far as I know about the WPA and WPA2 password I really do not think that there will be any issue with this further. It will really not matter anymore there.

I am skeptical it is my iphone since my laptop, wii and wireless printer are all having problems as well. I feel like it is a setting in the router, but I have no idea what to change. i tried a network reset on my phone and that didn't help. My laptop and iphone are no longer connected the slow connection was also brief.

There can be the problem with the modem driver that is installed in your computer and so you are getting the problem with the connection. My suggestion to you is to install the latest driver supported for your modem and after that again try to connect that and I am quite sure that this time it will get connected without any problem.