Thread: Protected mode seems to be off in internet explorer 8

Protected mode seems to be off in internet explorer 8

I am utilizing Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 as well as I just observed that seeing to the status bar the protected mode is switched off. I had seemed at the Internet choices and then Security tab and the Enable Protected Mode check field is checked. The UAC settings is Default - inform me simply while programs attempt to make alters to my PC. I am not logged in with the Administrator account however with my own account. Any thought what I could perform to enable the protected mode and any other information about protected mode.

Re: Protected mode seems to be off in internet explorer 8

Protected Mode is four zones: " Internet "," Intranet local "," Trusted sites "and" Restricted sites ". You can choose different security levels for each of the four zones. The first two areas include default all sites: the zone "Internet" all websites that are not on your network and the zone "Local intranet", including the sites on your local network, a distinction that applies to companies having an intranet is to say, an Internet site accessible only from a local network (either by being physically in the company or by dialing in to the local network of business). The last two areas, "Trusted sites" and "Restricted sites" include sites that you manually add to these lists for different security levels for them.

Hey even I am facing the same issue. Someone has any idea why at the bottom on IE with windows Vista Ultimate I continue to have the word "Internet Protected mode off" despite the fact that in Tools / Internet Options / Security there is a check box on the activation and the AUC in Start / Control Panel Control / User Accounts to be active? I always work as Administrator. So please help me.

From my suggestion you have to go to the user account, after that you have to Enable or disable the User Account Control over there. Then you have to verify "use User Account Control ..." then you have to start the PC again at what time prompted. It is merely the way Internet Explorer is controlled by what you have done previously. Even if you work as an administrator, UAC, and then protected mode should be active, unless you've enabled the hidden administrator with a special command. You have to try resetting the browser settings.

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I already tried resetting internet, and searching for viruses and spyware, but does not change anything. I do not think it is a serious matter because as soon as I try to uncheck the boxes, as if aware of it and calling for the restoration. It seems like an oddity in Vista that has happened to me about a week ago where I had to disable IPv6 in connection remains because the message "Registering your computer on the network" always open. The strange thing that for at least 3 months has worked regularly and I have not done anything new to Vista. I dual boot and use XP normally.