Thread: Internet Explorer 8: Jscript completion Error

Internet Explorer 8: Jscript completion Error

I don’t know where the problem is and how to fix the problem. Well I have recently downloaded and installed Internet Explorer 8 on my computer. It worked great for few days. But from today morning its simply prompting an error on the screen. It states that there is Jscript syntax error on the browser. I have search on the Google for countless hours but there was nothing available which can help me to solve the problem. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: Jscript completion Error

Looking at the situations I am unable to find out the root cause of the problem. You have not provided what is the error message which you are getting. I am asking certain question which you should answer here with the next post of yours. Please post the entire message here. What operating system you have installed on your computer. Have you done any hardware or software changes on your computer? I suspect that this problem might be causing due to compatibility issue. What happen when you get this particular message? Also this error message popup for all the website or for particular website. From when you are facing this particular error message on your computer? Just for curiosity I am asking which security software you have installed on your computer? Let me know the answer of above question so that I can let you further steps to fix the problem.

I think problem seem to occurring due to Proxy script which is used by network and Proxy server. Well I am providing following workaround to fix the matter. It consists of the following steps.
    • You have to close Internet Explorer if it is already opened.
    • Now simply click on Start menu and go for Control Panel.
    • In Control Panel you have to click on Internet Options.
    • You have to choose Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
    • At the very top of the screen t you will find two settings available which are Automatically detect settings and Use automatic configuration script.
    • You have to deselect Use automatic configuration script option provided.
    • Now click on Ok in order to apply the change made by you on the both the dialog boxes and close the same.
    • Now you should launch Internet Explorer and see it helps you or not.

I think you have to update Java on your computer. I think this problem is happening due to lack of Java update on your computer.
    • You have to visit official website of Sun Microsystems where you have to download ‘JRE 6u7'.
    • Select the desired option for Windows and you should accept EULA.
    • It once you have downloaded you has to remove Java related component such as jre1.6.0_10 or something similar to that.
    • Once you have finished now you should try to install the file which you have downloaded and wait for few minutes to complete with installation.
    • Now restart the computer after installing the software and try to run Internet Explorer on your computer and see what happens.

Well have you tried to launch the Internet Explorer on your computer using safe mode? If your answer is no then use the following steps to enter in to safe mode.
    • You have to reboot your computer and press F8 from the keyboard.
    • It will redirect you to Advance Boot Option Screen.
    • You have to choose Safe Mode with arrow keys of the keyboard and hit enter once you have selected the same.
    • Now your computer will boot into safe mode.
    • Now try to run Internet explorer on your computer and see what happens and let me know.

I am providing a universal solution for this kind of problem. Well I think you should uninstall both Java and Internet Explorer from the computer of yours. Restart your computer. try to install Internet Explorer 8 And latest version of Java on your computer. I will definitely let you know if I come across with any other particular solution. Let me know if you have fixed the problem of yours so that other users on this forum can learn from your experience.