Thread: Preference option not working in Opera

Preference option not working in Opera

I have Opera 11 here in my case and I have recently updated the Web Browser here so that I can have Opera 11 in my case. Now I have seen that with this Opera 11 on the system I just cannot have the Preference Option on the browser working at all. I will be really happy to know what can be the issue here and in addition to this how I can have the same removed. I really found this web browser pretty cool and I really enjoyed Opera Mini on the cell phone and hence thought that it will be fun to use the same on the system as well. Please let me know if there is anything that you all can share with me. I have also seen that it take a lot of time to get the pages of Facebook loaded as well. Thanks in advance for any help.

Re: Preference option not working in Opera

What is the exact thing that is actually causing you the trouble. You just failed to mention that in your post and hence I will really like to know about the same in your next post. In addition to this please let me know what the operating system is as well that you are using on your system there. I would like to know about the same there as well. If at all you have Windows 7 on the system then you are going to have these kinds of issues as well. Please let me get notified about all these things and I am sure that I will be able to solve the issue of yours.

If you are having the issue with the Opera 11 then it will be better if you can just have the Opera 10.63 installed in your case. I think that it will be better if you can just have the standard version of this browser and I am sure that you will have this working in your case. It is always better that you have the standard version in your case and then just have the same installed in a clean manner. If you will not do the things in the proper manner then you are bound to get this kind of issues there because of the older files getting conflicted with the newer files that have been brought after the installation of this version of Opera 10.63 here. Please do this and after doing this let me get notified if you were able to see the Preference option working in your case in a better manner.

It will be better if you can just have the update installed for the Opera browser that you are having there. I have seen that the Opera 11 has update and namely it is called as Opera 11.01. It will be really nice if you can just have the Update installed in your case and see if this will be able to take care of the issue that you were facing with the Web Browser there. You can have the update installed from the official site. Please make sure that you have with you the Opera 11 installed in your case at the first place and then go for the update later.

Sorry that I just was not able to specify the issue that I was having in reality and I think that it will be better if I specify the issue of mine here. But in addition to this I really appreciate the help that you all have come up here. Actually the issue that I am having here is with the Search feature that I have on the Opera in the Preference. I just cannot have that working as it was working on the older version of the Opera and hence any help in the matter will be appreciated. I am really of the opinion that it should have not grayed out after I entered the new option there.

You must have not got the option grayed out in the Opera browser and if you have got it there then it will be better if you can just give this a one more try. Go to the Tools and select the Preference option there and select the Search tab and try to add again the URL for the Preference. See if that does not get grayed. IN addition to this regarding the issue of yours. It will be better if you have the Opera Turbo enabled when you are opening Facebook on it. On top of that all things; if you do not see this working then you can simply have the standard version Opera 10.63 installed in your case.