Thread: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm Error occurs Internet Explorer 8

res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm Error occurs Internet Explorer 8

I have been running Internet Explorer 8 in windows XP as well as keep receiving this error coming up by means of the page 'Internet Explorer are not able to show this webpage' while I attempt to attach to Google, Hotmail, etc. I go back as well as retry in addition to after that it will attach. I talked to my internet supplier as well as he state that the Internet Explorer 8 file may be sullied. I have the Windows Firewall running as well as now am utilizing Firefox as my browser. Any thoughts of how to go back to Internet Explorer without receiving this error as well as non-connections to pages I want? Any answers would be useful.

Re: res://ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm Error occurs Internet Explorer 8

You have to Uninstall AVG and reboot, after that perform a fresh install of AVG: This time choose the CUSTOM install alternative as well as do NOT install Linkscanner, Search-Shield, Security toolbar, or a few of the email scanning parts. You manually and constantly update your anti-virus application until you obtain a "no more updates" or alike prompt. Then you have to go to IE8 (simply) to and run the solve It. Reboot again and check.

Please reply the entire of the following, very definite questions.
    1. Does the behavior continue if you begin Internet Explorer in No Add-ons mode? [yes/no]
    => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet Explorer (No add-ons).
    2. Does the performance continue if you open Internet Explorer8 (only), run the Fix It and reboot? [yes/no]

3a. At what time (approx. date) did you install AVG (Free)?
    3b. what anti-virus application was installed BEFORE you installed AVG and was your subscription still present while you installed AVG?

You have to go to Add/Remove Programs and confirm the display Updates box at the apex is marked. Now go down as well as inform me which of the following updates ARE listed as well as which (if any) are NOT listed:
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2360131)
    Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 8 (KB2183461)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB982132)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB981957)
    Security Update for Windows XP (KB981852)
    2. Then go to Start | Settings | Control Panel | Automatic Updates: Is Automatic Updates enabled? If not, can you make enable it after that reboot and locate that it is still enabled?