Thread: Program corrupted default settings for search engine in IE8

Program corrupted default settings for search engine in IE8

MY internet explorer 8 was working fine till yesterday but today when I try to open this so at that time it prompts me a message that a program has corrupted my default search provider setting. And when I try to modify the default as it is indicated in the message, but the default will not modify. How am I able to find the program which is corrupting my default settings and how can I eliminate it? Currently my system is running on to the windows xp and internet explorer 8. So if you guys have any suggestion then please help me.

Re: Program corrupted default settings for search engine in IE8

This trouble might be caused by spoiled or mismatched IE settings or add-ons, You are able to usually solve the trouble by resetting IE settings. To make use of the Reset Internet Explorer Settings feature from Control Panel, follow these steps: So in this first thing you have to do is that you just exit all programs, IE if they are running. And in that you just click Start, tCollapse command in the Start Search box, and then press ENTER: inetcpl.cpl
    The Internet Options dialog box appears.
    1. So after that in this you have to click on to the Advanced tab.
    2. And then under the Reset IE settings, you just click on to the Reset. Then tick Reset once more.
    3. When IE finish the resetting the settings, then after that you just tick Close in the Reset IE Settings dialog box.
    4. And in the last you just again start the IE again.

I am also going through the same issue. Currently my system is running on to the windows xp. And when I click on to the start so at that time I have find out that I do not have search box. And in this when I try to search for the Search box then I have seen that it is not there. I have find out a lot but in this I am unable to get Internet options dialog box. So because of that only I am not able to accomplish items by going through your 5 process which you have given.

In this you have just delet some registry keys after that you will be able to get solution in this So here is the registry key lists:
    • * [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}]
    • * [HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\User Preferences]
    • * [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchScopes\{0633EE93-D776-472f-A0FF-E1416B8B2E3A}]
    • * [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\User Preferences]

Related to this I am sure that this will help you.