Thread: Internet Explorer 8: comscore is undefined

Internet Explorer 8: comscore is undefined

Well I am very strange problem when I visit to nhle.com to view videos online. Well when I try to watch some video which are highlighted in the left side corner I am getting an error message which can be stated as follow. ‘Done but with errors’. I am unable to view the video after popping of the above mentioned error message. As soon as I click on the error message I am getting ‘comscore is undefined’ in pop up. Any idea regarding this particular situation also let me know if you are having any solution to particular situation. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Internet Explorer 8: comscore is undefined

I am having no idea why this is happening in your situation. However I am having a solution for this particular situation which you can apply and see what result it generates. Well you have to perform following steps.
    • You have to launch Internet Explorer 8 if it is closed.
    • Now go to Tool and click on Compatibility View Settings where you have to see that ‘Include updated website lists from Microsoft’ check box is checked if it is unchecked than simply check it.
    I am hoping that it will help you to fix this particular problem. Let me know whether it was helpful to you or not.

Well looking at the situation I am unable to figure out what is the root cause of the problem. Well I want to know what exact error message you are getting? For this purpose you have to visit that particular website and you have to copy the error message and post here so that I can find out where the problem is? Also I can suggest what steps should be taken to solve the problem. Also let me know which operating system you have installed on your computer. Do you have installed any antivirus software on your computer? Answer the above mentioned question as early as possible. I am waiting for your reply.

I suspect that above mentioned error is caused due to Add-ons. I recommend you that you should disable Add-ons on your Internet Explorer 8 and see what result it generates? You can use the following instruction to disable Add-ons.
    • You have to click on Start menu and go to All Programs and go to Accessories.
    • Now go to System Tools and choose Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).
    Now browse to website where it was causing the problem and see whether it’s working or not.

Well looking at the situation I think I know the root cause of the problem and also solution for the same. Well I think in your case you have modified HOSTS file which excluded or blocked COMSCORE ad counting service. Well I am providing following workaround which you can do to solve the matter.
    • You have to close Your Internet Explorer if already opened.
    • Now you have to set DNS Services in Manual mode and stop it. To do the same you have to click on start menu and enter “services.msc”.
    • Now you have to locate your hosts file and you have two options either restore the hosts file to default or edit the same in order to prevent blocking Comscore.
    • Now again you have to start DNS service once again.
    • Now simply launch the Internet Explorer and visit the website which was causing the problem.