Thread: Unable to remove Damaged ActiveX file

Unable to remove Damaged ActiveX file

Well I want to delete Active X file from the computer of mine. Well I have tried to browsing to the path C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files and right click on it and choose Remove from the right click menu but I am unable to find Remove button from the menu. Well I think this file is seems to be corrupted since the volume control does not work properly which is usually found in to Youtube. For your information full nomenclature of the file is {E2883E8F-472F-4FBO-9522-AC9BF37916A7}. Any idea to solve the matter will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to remove Damaged ActiveX file

Looking at the situation I would like to say that windows give a unique number once you have installed ActiveX on your computer. You can also discover that ActiveX control will have meaningful name in to folder where they are installed. Well in this particular people recommend that you should install and reinstall that particular ActiveX control on your computer. In this particular situation I recommend you that you should use GetPlus control. Well GetPlus is control which is used by Adobe to download Flash on your computer.

Well I have done lots of research work for this particular solution and I am posting following solution to solve the problem.
    • You have to click on Start button and go to Run and enter ‘regedit’ and press enter.
    • Now you have to search for the following registry key.
    Code:
    Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Code Store Database\Distribution Units
    • In order to view content you have to Double click on 'Distribution Units'.
    • Now you have to right click on {E2883E8F-472F-4FBO-9522-AC9BF37916A7}
    • Now simply click on Export and a window will being displayed on the screen which will ask you to where you wanted to export the desired registry values. You can choose any folder and simply click on Save.
    • Now again right click on {E2883E8F-472F-4FBO-9522-AC9BF37916A7}.
    • Now simply click on Delete from the right click context menu. Now you have to exit the registry editor.
    • Now simply click on Delete from the right click context menu. Now you have to exit the registry editor. Now download and install Flash from the official website.
    • Now simply move to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files you will see that {E2883E8F-472F-4FBO-9522-AC9BF37916A7} will be gone and also you will have get_atlcom Class at the place.

You can use following steps to delete {E2883E8F-472F-4FBO-9522-AC9BF37916A7} file when explorer.exe is stopped.
    • You have to exit all the windows and also close all the program which is running currently.
    • Now you should launch Task Manager on the computer of yours.
    • Now click on Processes tab and simply right click on Explorer.exe. You have to choose End Process from the right click context menu.
    • Now click on File and go for New Task (Run…).
    • Now enter CMD and hit enter from the keyboard of yours.
    • Now copy paste the following command on the command prompt and press enter.
    Code:
    del "C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files\{E2883E8F-472F-4FB0-9522-AC9BF37916A7}"
    • Now close the command prompt by typing Exit and press enter.
    • Now again you have to click on File and go for New Task (Run…). Now enter explorer.exe and press enter and Windows Explorer will appear on the screen.
    I am hoping that it will help you to solve the problem.

You might solve your problem if you sue the following steps which I am going to post here. Well this solution dealing with Registry hence I recommend you that you should back up the registry key.
    • You have to click on Start menu and go to Run. Where you have enter Regedit and press enter from the keyboard. This will launch Registry Editor on your computer.
    • Now browse for following registry key .
    Code:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ModuleUsage\
    • Now you have to right click on the following and choose Delete from the right click context menu.
    C:/Windows/Downloaded Program Files/GP.OCX
    Now reboot computer so that change made could take effect on the system of yours. Now browse to C:\Windows\Downloaded Program Files folder you will not have that particular file on your computer.