Thread: While visiting websites with java my Internet Explorer 9 RC crashed

While visiting websites with java my Internet Explorer 9 RC crashed

I replaced my browser IE 8 to IE 9 RC today but I cannot open my normal web page. Then I tried to test java java.com and experienced the same result. I uninstalled the latest update of Java on my PC and reinstall again. Still the same result when I tested it again. The site responds with the message: "We were unable to return to java.com. Internet Explorer has stopped trying to restore this site. It seems that the website still has a problem." I also tried to disable all add-ons, but without success. This RC behaved as an alpha. May Microsoft experts please advice?

Re: While visiting websites with java my Internet Explorer 9 RC crashed

I had very little issue with the latest beta, but this morning I had this problem with java.com. Add to the list of compatibility works, but the java.com home page is presumably verified as compatible as the compatibility option is not there, you need to find another site that is not compatible, but that does not fail, to establish the compatibility choice! Moreover, within a few minutes of installing IE9 caused the accident. Not the same as java.com, IE just stopped trying to display the page. Instead IE9 was in a reboot loop, which would crash, try to recover the same page and then crash again. Not seem to affect all pages, as the home page initially loaded, but crashed the second time they tried. Perhaps related to some ads on the page, of which there are many? Adding to the compatibility list, if you can do it quickly enough before the site is blocked, does not work, but still, very impressive. Anyway, the bottom line is, after less than an hour with the RC seems much less stable than the latest beta!

I tried to add web sites for compatibility as suggested by someone (thank you). Well java loaded and I can see the cup of Java, but the title / banner at the top could not be loaded to java.com and other website. Appeared noticeably slow loading too. I turned off the GPU performance and accessories, but still the same. These appeared to be the problems I have experienced in the beta and I have discussed here before. It's a great surprise that this is a RC.

Seriously, everyone? Having to add every single site that uses Java to its compatibility list is not a solution. The RC is a big step back, it seems. In exchange for a more square form, we lose the ability to load Java sites. The only advantage of the new version is the appearance of propriety of amazingly stupid mistakes of the last version that put a question mark on any response from Windows Live Mail (IE Why have touched my e-mail is beyond me.)

IE Java Plug-In Compatibility:
    Users with version 6, update 22 of Java installed IE plug-in computer fails with RC IE9 when visiting websites that are represented in the default mode and IE9 contain applets you need to create an instance of the plug-in. This is due to a coding error in Java plug-in that was exposed by the recent changes in the rendering engine IE9. The Java team is aware of this problem and is working to address in future updates to Java plug-in for IE. To solve this problem: the display of these websites in Compatibility View solves the problem. Support forces IE to View web page in IE8 mode, which contains no changes to the rendering engine IE9.