Thread: Internet explorer 7 not opening in protected mode with windows 7

Internet explorer 7 not opening in protected mode with windows 7

I am not able to open internet explorer 7 in protected mode with windows 7 OS, I am using this operating system version in my Compaq desktop computer from last 2 months. Whenever I tried to open the browser in protected mode it flashes a message into the screen that the windows is not allowed to open the browser in protected mode. I click on that error message to enable the protected mode, but this does not. What should I do now? Any one from here has information regarding this error message?

Re: Internet explorer 7 not opening in protected mode with windows 7

Open control panel from start menu and from there open internet option. Now open security tab from the properties of the internet options. Under the security tab looks for the protected mode option in the bottom of the windows, if this options is checked then uncheck that one and close the internet option setting window, after complete the process click on ok or save. Now start the browser, I hope this time the problem will not be arrived.

The process which is in the above post, this is only solution to disable the protected mode and run the browser in that mode. But if still if you are not able to open the browser, then simply click on the without addons mode of the browser from start menu, check whether they problem is still arrives there? Along with this I think the problem that you mentioned must be occurring for the addins or the plugins teat are applied into the browser, remove them, those are not needed for you and then try to open the browser.

There is simple solution for these type of problems, I was also facing similar issue after that I resolved this by this process and the problem is gone, also one of my friend was also faced with relevant issue in his internet explorer 7, then he also try with this, and by this the problem is solved. Ok the process is reset the browser, for this open start menu and type and insert inetcpl.cpl into the search panel and hit ENTER. Now it will open the IE setting window, from there click on Reset button under Advanced tab, wait till the process completes, and lastly click on apply or save to apply the changes.

If still you are facing similar issue, then there is only one solution for this, remove the existing one and install a new version of the browser. also you can do this by another process, download the update version from developer web site and click on the installation program, at the beginning of the installation process it will ask you to remove the existing one or to overwrite the new version into the existing one. Follow the instructions to do this process. Try with this, this will surely help you to overcome from the problem.