Thread: Internet explorer 8: not able to access a specific IP address

Internet explorer 8: not able to access a specific IP address

Hi all,
    I am using windows XP Professional with SP3 running Compaq Presario notebook, this is specified with Intel core processor, along with this NVIDIA high definition graphical interface. in my laptop there is two Logitech security cameras are attached, those are connected in my small office network. The IP address of one camera is 193.168.1.10 and the other one is 193.168.1.11. Now the problem is that I am not able to access the second IP address camera in my notebook, I am suing internet explorer 8 browser. Whenever I tried to ping to that IP, it flashes a error code like 414 Request to large error. Is this problem is known to anyone here? Any information or idea regarding this?

Re: Internet explorer 8: not able to access a specific IP address

For the problem which you mentioned in your post, first of all I suggest you o check whether the camera is properly configured with the network that you are using, it might be the cause of this problem. If there is no problem in the IP address or the camera configuration then you can try once with the clear browser cached option. For this open internet option form tool menu and go for remove the cache of the browser. along with also remove the Browsing History.try with this, I hope it will somehow help you to overcome from the problem.

Me too facing this problem in my Dell desktop computer, this is running with windows vista ultimate OS. Along with this running the internet explorer 8 browser. From last two days when I tried to access my official network it flashes this error message with a “414 Request Too Large”. But the strange problem is that this error message is flashes only in the internet explorer web browser, there is no problem with the Mozilla Firefox browser. i can’t understand what should I do now? Also tried the above processes, but nothing helps me. Suggest me any trick to resolve this.

The problem might also be occurring for another issue, which is the browser security setting. There might be any changes into the browser is made or it done by mistake. So if this happens then I suggest you to reset the security settings for Internet Explorer browser version that you are using. To determine the issue is restricted for the browser security or not, revert the default setting in the browser. so to do this operation open internet explorer browser window, and click on internet option,, from there open Security tab and click on reset option, click on default level and then click on OK. Try with this, I hope it will somehow might e help you.

I would like to recommend you to reset the IE, though you mentioned that the problem is only happen in that browser , so it is clear that the problem is only in the web browser, so by reset the browser, the problem might be solved. For that first open tool menu from browser window and then click on reset option, you will also run this process from control panel. Wait till the process completes. Restart the browser and ping to that IP address. But after applying this process, if still you are facing this problem, then I recommend you reload the browser, for that remove the existing one , along with also remove the browser installation contained file into the temporary folder and the registry editor. This is the final solution according to me to resolve these type of issue.