Thread: Save as/open option not seen while downloading files in internet explorer 7

Save as/open option not seen while downloading files in internet explorer 7

Hey I am suffering from a big problem. I do not know why this is happening. when a file is being downloaded, the choice save as/ open file does not come into view as well as as if by default the entire the files are 'opened' (i.e. saved into temporary internet files).This modify occurred merely a 3 days back so suggest something to solve this. Thanks in advance

Re: Save as/open option not seen while downloading files in internet explorer 7

This activities is seen when the choice “Always ask before opening this type of file” is disabled for a exacting file type or file extension on the File Download dialog field. In order to rearrange the Open/Save option made previous in Internet Explorer 7, you require editing the registry in windows Vista. For windows XP, you will require to alter definite setting from Folder choices. This information will help you to solve you issue

To rearrange the Always ask before opening this type of file option in Windows XP, you have to go to start after that you have to open Run in addition to give CONTROL FOLDERS. Then you have to choose File Types tab. Then choose the file type from the list for which you wish to rearrange the Open/Save as option. Then you have to press Advanced. After that you have to make Enable the choice named Confirm open after download. After doing all this things you have to press OK.

From my opinion you have to back up the registry. For that you have to open start as well as after that give regedit.exe in the run box. Then you have to go to then following branch: HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ Shell \ AttachmentExecute \ {0002DF01-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}.after that In the right-pane, you have to right-press on the suitable entry as well as select Delete. After that you have to Exit the Registry Editor.