Thread: windows 7:Internet Explorer 8 not acting in external links

windows 7:Internet Explorer 8 not acting in external links

I am running a Windows 7 32bit in my HP pavilion series laptop. The machine is specified with Intel dual core processor and along with this ATI radeon graphical interface. The machine was running fine with all the features and also the internet connection was running good till the last date. But from last night i am facing a peculiar type of problem that I did not ever faced. The problem is that, if I click on nay external link the browser does not act anything. I search in maximum web site but did not found any solution for this. What should I do now? Any input regarding this will be appreciated greatly.

Re: windows 7:Internet Explorer 8 not acting in external links

The problem might also be occurring fro the any third party antivirus program, for that I would like to recommend you disable the antivirus for few minute and then try to open the external link. Though this can also be possible that the link where you are willing to directs might also be not trusted, so be sure that you are going for the correct web site.

Yes I also think that problem might be occurring for the antivirus, but before that I would like to recommend you to check the firewall setting of the windows or the antivirus that you are using, proceed to the firewall setting window and from there open the access tab and look for the web site those are allowed by the firewall to access by you into the browser. apart from that also suggest you to enter into the program and features folder under control panel, and there look for the Antivirus security center select and remove that one also. I hope it will somehow help you.

After applying the above mentioned process if still you are facing the problem that I would to recommend you to reset the internet connection, though this is the last and the final solution for any connectivity related problem. So for this ping to the control panel and from there open network and security option, from that window click on reset option, and wait till the process completes. I hope this will surely help you, but before that also like to suggest you to check whether there is any problem in your internet connection or not, be sure about that.